Friday, December 18, 2020

I finally got to Dollar Tree

 Last time I tried to go I didn't know they had moved.  I ended up going to another dollar store.  Today I took a Uber and got there straight and quick.  

The store was very neatly laid out but no carts.  I did steal a hand basket from the store room, it was right in the doorway.  

I got some gift things, cards, tissue paper, the curly metallic ribbon accents you put on packages, etc.  I got a few things for my brother.  I got some salty snacks for me and a pair of headphones for Ron.  We are curious to see how $1 headphones perform.  I got some of the fancy purple party plates those will be fun for heating up my leftovers or Ron's dinner. I also got a very nicely scented (could smell though mask) bar of lemon and oatmeal bar soap.  

Ron was hugging me (this is clean) recently when I was just wearing my bra and he commented I have acne (not big like my teens but there) on my upper back.  I explained it is a menopause thing I picked that up from my menopause group.  So I got some acne wash I can put it on my bath pouf.  The funny thing for me pretty much the whole rest of my body is dry skin.  I got some puzzle books and a brick of Puerto Rican Expresso coffee.  I had a lot of fun walking around flinging things into my basket.  

Lately my budget has been lean enough I have to add things in my head before I put them in the cart, not today!  I came up to $23 and change so I was only out a few dollars.  I guess you could say I bought Ron's headphones with my money.  

There is a KFC nearby and Ron had asked me to get him the "new" BBQ sauce on a fried chicken sandwich.  The manager, of course, had no idea what sauce he was talking about, but they had 2 "hot" sauces and honey BBQ so I went with the honey.  Good call, he loved it, although I did tell them to leave off the mayo and pickles.  Ron is not a pickle man.  Ron agreed with my call.  After nearly 29 years with the man I hope I can order his takeout.  I got him a regular chicken sandwich with BBQ sauce and a Chicken Little. He ate the entire Chicken Little and about half the regular sized one.  

Pretty good, for him. I worry about him getting enough protein.  

He was very sweet this morning wanting me to take my umbrella because it's going to rain later.  I did, to appease him, but didn't need it.  I got a quick ride home and put everything away.  That is the secret to an organized house.  Besides, I didn't want the tube of acne wash to get squished and squirt out all over everything (It didn't).  

So I had a good time.  I wasn't gone long but long enough Ron and I both felt we got a break.  Apparently the weather will be miserable tomorrow so I'm really glad I had my fun today. 

Oh, and TAPE can't tell you how badly I needed it for work and home, now I have a roll for each.   

No comments: