Sunday, December 20, 2020

Saturday night

 Well, I did a fair job of changing the bed with Ron in it but he said next time he will sit in a chair.  I had a pretty good nap with CLEO!  She is so much fun.  Her love is not easily given but once she decided to love me she loves me 100%.  

Ron and I also discussed getting a shampoo basin for him.  It is inflatable, you fill it with air and it's like the sink at the hair salon,  I can wash his hair in bed.  He seemed excited about that, I will get him one after New Years.  

And, after a lot of thought, I got myself a nice Bible cover with some of the Amazon card.  The Bible should fit very nicely.  One thing I did at Dollar Tree, I found these little stick on arrow markers.  You generally see those "sign here" on a legal document.  I got some to flag important (to me) bible verses, like Psalm 71 and most of Matthew 6.  Last night I sat down with my Bibles, the Daily Bible (I have had that for over 20 years) and the "newer" NKJV Bible I have had about 5 years, and highlighted and flagged all the verses I could find from the older Bible.  I like to have a marked up Bible with easy to find encouragement/teaching verses.  But, twice now, I have had a person presented to me by God who very clearly needed a Bible when I did not have money or "extra" Bibles, so I gave them my Bible.  One had a fast growing, fatal, brain tumor, the other had been in a horrific accident.  So of course I gave these guys my personal Bible.  But when I did I lost all the work I had done, and had to start again.  😂  I find it funny how, just when I've got the Bible how I want it, someone needs it.  But that makes it easy for the new owner to find all these great verses.  In both cases the men died eventually so they really needed it.  

However I have 5 cases of Bibles in the garage so probably won't happen soon. 

So that keeps me busy.  The plan is to keep this "basic" Bible next to my "specialty" (daily reader) Bibles and mark it up as I read through the Bible every year.  I have 2 Bibles just to read through the Bible every year.  One is the "Daily Bible" some Old and New testament every day, some Psalms, and a Proverb or two.  The other goes through it in chronological order (I requested it as a gift from my parents).  If I do it right that means I read through the Bible twice a year, which is awesome.  I will admit I skim a lot of the "how the temple should be laid out and how many figs on the lampstand" stuff, and the genealogy stuff.  Although it is interesting to note a Moabite (hated by the Israelites), a prostitute, and a rape victim are all in the line of descent for Jesus. God can and will use anyone.  

So I am looking forward to the cover it even has a pocket I can put my little stick ons into, along with a few pens. I am very fond of my "basic" Bible, it is giant print, words of Jesus in red, hardcover, New King James which is my favorite translation.  If I'm ambitious I will get some fabric protector spray and do up the Bible cover before I put the Bible in (spray, let dry, install Bible).  

I could probably use another eye exam I notice I am having more trouble with small print.  Like on medicine bottles.  I have a pocket size magnifier but I would hope I would not need that in my 40's!   So I may need to save up for that. America's Best is not expensive, though, compared to the other guys.  

I am going to get ready and then do my God Time, my aunt and uncle are coming to take me to church and then lunch.  It should be fun. I have a gift bag for them.  

I like what I did with that, I got what I think is an attractive reusable bag from the store and put the gifts in that, that way they can keep using it for a while.  I always feel bad throwing away the wrappers on my gifts.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: