Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday

 Slept GREAT last night and (after pill time) got up at 8.  I had Spotty and Cleo in my bed.  

Ron and I are going to attempt Sam's again the next couple of days.  I mentioned getting another job and he said he would like that.  I will have to think on that.  

My #1 concern for that would be his pill time.  Could he take it on his own?  If I felt 100% he could do that I would absolutely go get another job. 

So I will pray on that.  We should be getting into our busy time at work so that will keep me occupied for a while.  

So I got online did everything.  It is interesting, my most often given advice in the caregiver group is www.bloodsugar101.com.  You would think it would be a bath or laundry trick (a lot of laundry tricks there who knew vinegar could do so much?), but it's me typing out the website.  

The medical profession does not do a good job at educating family on how to manage blood sugar properly.  Jenny does. 

I just checked my sugar out of curiosity - the budget meter (premier) at Walmart has very affordable test strips, I got a 25 pack for $5.  They have larger sizes at a cheaper cost per strip but money is an object.  Anyway I have a little box of supplies and I use that, my lancet, replacement pokers, the meter, directions for the meter, etc.  It is an easy prick and doesn't hurt.  I have found setting #3 works best for me.  

I had a horrific time with shaking hands though, but I got the strip in the meter and then lined up with the blood drop, and my number was good (109) so I am not worried about that.  

Anyway Jenny answers the "How do I control this blood sugar?" questions very well in a readable manner.  She sells books but she has it all right out there on the site you don't have to beg for it.  If you are worried about your blood sugar numbers I really suggest you check it out.  

But THAT is the most frequent advice I give as there are a lot of diabetic seniors.  I did buy her 2 books.  

Ron is sleeping right now, it is sunny out.  I remember one reader was really upset I got a semigloss finish for my walls but I like it a lot, it bounces the light around.  It is also far easier to clean although at the time I figured I would have Ron rolling around in his wheelchair.  Glad I got it.  

The cream really brightens up the rooms, too.  I did cream in most of the rooms.  I haven't done Ron's room yet that is getting this:  Fiji  Bathroom is a lavender, laundry room a mint green, orange room is, well, orange, all other rooms the cream ("thickened cream"), bedroom with purple blackout curtains which I love.  It was so nice the other day when I had the migraine and a really easy solution to the neighbor's security light shining in my windows.  I have security lights all around the house now, the neighbors contributed to 3 😂 sides and then I did the front on my own.  It can't hurt.  

The cats are good, I gave Spotty some treats and Baby Girl showed up.  Baby Girl is Top Cat around this place.  If another cat is eating treats and she shows, they hand them over. Cleo won't even go in Ron's room.   She likes Ron just fine, she used to eat treats from him all the time as he'd pet her, but Baby Girl will not allow her in Ron's room.  Cleo actually let Ron pet her first, but no one wants my room so she hangs out there.  

We had a sesame chicken dinner last night from Marie Callenders.  It had noodles, sauce, meat, and carrots.  Something Ron would eat.  He likes Chinese food but not a lot of the veggies.  We split it, it was pretty good, would buy again.  

I need to work on my protein intake it is pretty poor right now.  I will figure it out, I am thinking maybe some tuna salad for lunch.  

Depression is pretty bad but I will fight it as always.  

No comments: