Sunday, November 22, 2020

Saturday and Sunday

 Yesterday was pretty quiet and uneventful.  Literally, all I really remember is doing a load of laundry.  

I went back to bed this morning after giving Ron his pills.  I had a pretty good sleep but did wake up with a persistent headache I have had all day, too.  

I seem to be running 2 weeks of headaches during the tail end of my cycle.  Food, etc. doesn't seem to matter but caffeine can help.  

I got up, did my God Time, arranged tomorrow with Jack.  We will be making an inventory run.  I am debating staying an extra couple hours at work so I can stock Monday vs. coming back and paying $50 round trip for a Uber just to stock bottled sodas.  Or I may see if Ron will come in with me.  

Yes, I know I am "supposed" to keep him home but I get a little resentful doing all the work while he literally lays around all day.  I will have to talk to Ron about it.  

Or I could just stock them hot and leave a note but I don't like that the customers have come to expect cold drinks from us, and I have a couple hours of work already between the snack machines, canned soda, etc. Add another hour or two and those drinks would be NICE and cold.  

Well I just talked to him he absolutely does not want to go in, muttered about not liking the wheelchair and the mask.  That is his call but one thing I always respected about him for so long was his work ethic.  

His Dad worked in the trades and at one time fell off a third floor roof, got up, and went back to work.  Ron always spoke highly of that.  Now this.  I have to think a lot of it is the alcohol because this is NOT my husband.  

But, on the other hand, I don't need to worry about him catching the virus either.  I will just remember to bring my knitting.  [sigh]  I just hate the "news" channels they do.  I am a conservative, the channels are not.  And I don't get to pick them being a lowly contract vendor.  I think I will see if I can get a pair of headphones to work with my cell phone and bring some if I can, listen to "my" music.  I do like that Youtube subscription.  I can listen to praise music or whatever.  

It won't be bad I already have a lot of work and then I can go home and forget about work the rest of the week.  It's not like I will go in, load the fridge, have 20 minutes of work, sit around for 3 hours, and then stock the bottled vendor.  More likely I will have 3 hours of work and 30 minutes of waiting.  I will make sure to take some breaks, too, normally I just work on my feet 'till I'm done (what a good little hamster! 😂) but I can stock a soda machine, take a couple minutes, move on to the next one, etc.  That will eat up more time.  

I put a seizure pill in a bottle by Ron's bed so he has that if, for some reason, I am incredibly late getting home.  I can't see that but you never know and I feel better knowing it is there.  

I just want to make sure the customer has a good vending experience.  That is VITAL to me.  I have had bad vending experiences like all of us over the years and I remember I felt so betrayed.  I don't ever want my customers to feel that way.  So I will do that.  

I did talk to Ron a little about my feelings and he said he is worried about catching the virus.  I am not, really.  My only fear I would catch it and pass it on to someone else.  So I take measures, vitamins, mask, supplements, etc.  

I am charging his cell phone tonight, by my alarm clock.  I forgot to take it off the charger the last time I went to work and felt horrible when Ron shared his concern he couldn't find his phone, when I got home.  And there it was laughing at me.  He was OK though.  

I got all the clothes put away and the ones for tomorrow laid out so I will have an easy time tomorrow.  But Ron started screaming he had an "emergency".  I ran in the bedroom only to find Torbie had knocked the treat canister off of Ron's belly and had her head in there up to the ears feasting.  To him, that was an "emergency".  I didn't agree.  

I will have a little talk with him at some point about husbands who cry wolf.  

No comments: