Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving recap

 My uncle picked me up around 11, I went to their house and had a very good time.  It was a little iffy taking my paper plate of food to the table.  Hand tremors and all.  But I did it I used both hands.  It was my aunt, uncle, one cousin, and me.  So well within any virus regulations.  

She did a traditional spread with turkey, dressing (it was fantastic), gravy (also fantastic), carrot and raisin salad, green bean casserole, bread rolls.  Everything was very good.  The weather was nice enough we ate outside and had a visit from a neighbor cat who came through but didn't say hi.  He is apparently quite interested in the bird feeder.  😂

Oh, and two kinds of pie I would bet money she made her own crusts.  The pies were also really good.  We had good company, I talked too much about the cats but they were nice about it.  They brought me home right before Pill Time because Ron didn't want to take the pill I left him, he wanted to wait for me.  ALSO he had lost his radio so I had to help him find it.  He was fine as long as he had his radio.  

My aunt met a woman who needs discipling.  I think that is the best term, so my aunt requested 1.  Easy to read Bible with large print.  2.  My "Where to look in the New Testament" bookmarks.  I also added a few other things I felt would help "A Bible Study on John" from World Missionary Press, etc.  Hopefully that will help.  

She may end up reading the blog so I will just keep it at that.  

I was happy to help because we have all had Bad Times.  Hopefully she will find what she needs.  

Then I sent my aunt on her way.  When we do Thanksgiving she sends me home (at my request) with a Ziploc bag with stuffing, gravy, and meat.  We did that.  Ron had some last night and more for breakfast.  Of all things he wanted it, this morning, on a hot dog bun.  I had them so I did that for him.  He loved it and that is ALL that mattered.  

Ron was fine taking care of himself except for losing his radio.  That was nice to know I didn't have to worry next time I go out.  I will work on making a "leash" for the radio when he wakes up. 

I called my Dad.  They were on the phone with the "black sheep" child so they said they would call me back, and did.  They had a quiet evening at home because I believe 2 family members (one grandson and her daughter) had been travelling and they did not want to risk a COVID exposure.  I thought it was funny she told me she cooked a chicken for dinner, but my aunt showed me a text (at her place) saying she was doing a rotisserie chicken from Costco.  Dad seemed happy there was gravy.  He is a huge gravy lover and used to eat the congealed gravy out of the fridge whenever his mom made it.  I sent him a picture of my aunt's gravy (she made quite a bit) and he was very excited by that and had a nice memory walk.  

I was pretty tired so I went to bed early.  I slept great.  I woke up at 5 and gave Ron his medication, then we both went back to sleep.  Times like 5 AM pill time I am very tempted to set up a coffee pot on a timer.  I have a coffee pot, actually.  I may consider that.  

I want 5 AM because I leave the house at 5 on delivery days and that makes it easier for me, same time every day, and any epilepsy expert will tell you it is really important to be consistent on the dosing as well.  He isn't having any seizures doing it this way, and he was having multiple in a single night before, I don't mind doing it this way.  

Then I went back to sleep for a couple hours which I do, days I am not working. I got up, took my pills, checked on Ron, fed him, took care of the cats, etc.  My aunt has one fridge too hot and one too cold that is NO good especially with all the leftovers.  I am praying for a cheap fix.  

And it's Black Friday and I have $20 in my account.  But all my bills are paid so there's that.  

No comments: