Monday, November 2, 2020

Monday morning

 Well, we almost made it but Ron cancelled so we stayed home.  I don't think he slept well as he is snoring away right now.  

For now I am just wired to wake up an hour earlier so I am enjoying the time.  I made some tea (I like the Tetley British Blend) and was drinking it when I remembered something about tea and iron.  I found this.  Short version: tea messes up iron absorption.  Well, crap.  Soda is bad for me so I went to diet.  Doc says diet is bad so I go to tea, but tea is bad because it messes up my iron.  

That DOES explain my extreme anemia when I was a teen, my lips were purple.  All the other girls wanted to know where I got my lipstick.  😂 I didn't have a great iron intake and then I added tea to mess up what I was getting.  Poor Heather!  

I don't want that again but the web page did have some advice, don't have it right when you're eating.  They didn't say anything about mate` so I guess I can do that in the morning with the iron pill.  It is not related to the tea plant it is actually in the holly family.  So I can do the mate in the morning with the iron pill and then regular tea after a couple hours.  

Not that I am really getting a lot of caffeine.  I had about 100 mg of caffeine so far and then will add another 40 mg when I drink the mate.  That is not bad, Doc said to keep it less than 450 and I was doing 600 about a month ago.  And I feel I have a good energy level doing this.  

Edit: Mate is bad for iron too.  I guess I will be taking one of my 100 mg caffeine tablets every day with my iron.  

The cats are good, they ate all their food last night so I fed them first thing when I got up.  Cleo said hi to me when I went to the bathroom, she is such a sweet little cat.  I told her I was very glad she came back after the repairs this year.  It also makes me feel like she picked us; she had some other options at least but she chose to come back.  

Kind of like Ron about 25 years ago, sat me down and said I could date other men if I wanted, he didn't want me to feel I never had any choices.  I thought about it for a little while and said no (we weren't married yet).  He was very relieved.  This from a man who now cries at love songs and tells me how much he loves me.  

His love language is acts of service so he gets a lot of that.  My love language is quality time and I get what I would consider a good amount of that.  I don't have to take him shopping, I am happy to talk to him on the phone as I shop, for instance.  Although I don't plan to do any stores this week. 

I hope I am wrong and it is just another boring week.  

No comments: