Saturday, November 7, 2020

Saturday

 I had a problem with the computer before I went to the store.  Rather, a "problem" of Biscuit in my lap rubbing his head on the keyboard, opening the windows button, I had to shut down the whole computer.  

Ron woke up and I told him I was going to the store.  He wanted a couple more Nighthawk dinners.  He likes the one with the big patty and the cheesy bacon potatoes.  I had a good Uber to the store.  

LONG wait in line, the guy in front of me pulls out a huge bankroll of wadded up $1 bills and wants to sell them to the cashier, who stupidly said "yes".  The woman in front of him was attention seeking and kept making comments and looking around to see if we were "noticing" her.  Finally got up there, paid the bill - it took 2 minutes.  

Ron reversed 2 numbers in the routing number trying to pay over the phone, about 5 years ago, it declined so they have us on cash payments only now.  He tried several times to get it fixed but they won't.  I don't mind because I am usually at the Walmart anyway.  So I did that and got Ron 2 Nighthawk dinners.  

There was an old man, on a walker, looking concerned when I started pulling the dinners.  I told him I had left "plenty" and he thanked me apparently that is his favorite, too.  

I got some canned food, more herring for me (I love those stinky fishies) and tuna, I was almost out of tuna.  I already had mayo.  I had some fun money, I went and looked at the fancy soap - nothing interesting.  I went and looked at the teas.  I got some Vanilla Chai and some Constant Comment.  The other vendor's wife is addicted to it.  So I still have a good amount of fun money left.  

I didn't need any cat things so I didn't get that, cleaning stuff, TP all that I was fine.  I really like I got the washable rags for cleanups that saves me a lot of paper towels.  I got a 6 pack of diet caffeine free soda.  I even managed to score a case of Cup of Noodles beef flavor (12).  I was really happy to see them.  I like beef flavor the best.  Ron doesn't do them but I have some chicken if he wanted it.  

I got Ron 2 pair (with my personal money, not the love offering) black sweatpants I think they will be more comfortable for him than the pants.  They are easier to get on, that's for sure.  I always hated zipping his pants.  They were only $7.50 each so that's a good deal, and they have pockets.  I got Large.  Technically Ron is a Medium but the nerve disease makes clothing unpleasant for him, he likes a size larger.  

Long wait in line.  The cashier was having a lot of trouble.  For instance, she didn't believe the "import" day laborer buying beer was legal age and couldn't figure out his Honduras ID.  That took a while.  Then they bought (2 guys) a roasting pan without a tag so she had to look it up.  

Finally got to me, I talked to her a little.  I gave her a Bible Promise book it was my last one.  Hopefully it will guide her.  A lot of people won't do the whole Bible to start but a Bible Promise book isn't as threatening.  

I left, got a quick ride home.  He was disabled so I didn't ask him for help with the groceries.  He still got a good tip.  I put everything away.  

I had bought Ron a hamburger and he ate some of that, he said he had been dreaming about a steak and this was almost as good.  I took a nap.  

I heard some strange noises which woke me up, turned out to be him on the commode and dealing with it all by himself LIKE A BOSS.  So nice for me not to have to jump up.  

Everyone seems cranky online.  The menopause and caregiver groups are full of complaints.  And I'm having a decent day considering I am depressed.  I didn't say that, though.  No one likes a happy person when they are full of complaints.  

I will say this, the caregiver group makes Ron look like a real hero.  He is appreciative, respectful of my sleep and private times, says thank you, does for himself if at all possible, I could go on.  And I tell him this because he needs to hear he is appreciated.  He says he wants to make it easy for me and he's right.  He also said anyone else would make him give up his cat - he's right.  But I would never threaten him with that.  If he did have to go in a home I would take care of her and figure out a way I could bring her to visit.  

So I spent some time sitting on the commode chair (clothes on!  😂) and talking to him we both liked that.  So he's good pain isn't too bad.  

He needed some Votaren on a knee earlier but hasn't asked for more.  I am glad his pain level isn't too bad. 

Re: the election I don't think it is done yet.  I do know God is on His throne so I am not going to stress about it.  

No comments: