Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday afternoon

 I had a pretty good night and morning.  

I did decide to break out the coffee pot (had been living on top of the kitchen cabinets), rearrange things so the crock pot and rice pot could go live where the coffee pot was, the coffee pot come down (happily today was not a day for dizzy spells).  

A shower later, I ordered some dark roast coffee and an outlet timer.  The plan, the coffee pot starts up at 4:30 in the morning and helps get me out of bed for pill time.  It is VERY tempting to just hit the snooze alarm.  

Ron, rightly, panics if I am even a little late with his pills so my goal's to get it done around 4:50.  I can drink some coffee before hand and give him the medicine, then go back to bed.  Or say up.  

And coffee is much more compact than diet soda, and easier to brew than tea.  

So, I tried to take a nap.  

I laid down, 2 cats in the bed, crowded but found an acceptable position.  Drifting off.  Power went out.  Drifted off.  Power came on.  Drifted off...DING DONG it's FEDEX with the package that wasn't coming for days - props to my Amazon seller (Katy Med something) and FEDEX for bringing it early.  They even put it in the chair so it wouldn't get wet.  Opened it, checked it out, put it in my closet.  Ron has bed bath for a year now.  

Went back to bed (still 2 cats).  Drifted off.  Ron yelling for food woke me up again so I just said [censored] it and got up.  He liked the Zatarain's Dirty Rice.  

I try to respect the good things about his family, like his Dad loved gardening, we talk about that sometimes.  His Mom was a good cook and very organized.  I attended enough family meals to know dirty rice was a featured dish at all the holiday dinners.  

SO I got it because it's the Christmas/holiday season and I thought it might be a little taste of home.  He didn't want to eat it until today, but he did love it so I will be getting more.   He also likes a gumbo available at Walmart.  Richard's Chicken and Sausage gumbo, that's it.  https://www.walmart.com/grocery/ip/Richard-s-Cajun-Favorites-New-Single-Serve-Bowls-Chicken-Sausage-Gumbo-12-oz/10850029  He adores it.  Gumbo was another holiday dish for his family.  

I like to respect what I can out of Ron's past.  One reason I don't care when he talks to an old lover.  It's his past, she is, and I am the one in the present.  I'm the one he married.  I don't worry about it.  

Anyway, I'm glad he liked it.  I have explained to Ron I am stretched a bit thin right now so it's going to be "easy" meals for us.  Half the time when I leave the house I come back with a bag of takeout.  I don't have time or energy to prepare a lot from scratch.  And he loves the club sandwich sliders I make.  

So I have another tool.  Very happy about that.  

And Ron has a good grip I have a lot on my plate.  That's good for him to understand he isn't making unreasonable demands.  I don't want him to worry I'm about to snap but he does need to understand I am a human being with limits.  

So that's it for now.  

No comments: