Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday afternoon

 The last couple days all I have done is eat salt and carbs.  Not a good combo.  I need to eat something healthy for dinner. 

I made some trips for tomorrow about 50/50 odds Ron will cancel, I think.  But I made them.  I don't want to be out later this week as I've said repeatedly.  

I think I will have some canned herring for dinner.  They are very flavorful.  I am doing a protein shake now, though.  

I have been taking Naproxyn, even though I don't have any cramps, and that really turned down the volume on my blood loss, good to know.  I would like to handle things on my own without involving medical professionals, procedures, etc. Even assuming I had a really good insurance plan I would rather not get a uterine biopsy, which I hear are horrific.  Just an example.  

The cats are good.  I did a couple loads of laundry today and got all the bedding washed.  Since I use a top sheet I don't worry about washing the blanket very often but I did get it today, and plain detergent, a little baking soda, only.  I would have liked to maybe use a fabric softener but the only one I had is scented and I did not want that.  

I actually vomited last week washing my hands because I smelled the hand soap.  I can be that susceptible during a migraine.  But I think I will be fine for a good long while now unless I do something really stupid with my diet.  

I am curious to see what Ron thinks about our trips tomorrow.  I can cancel it up until tomorrow morning if he doesn't like them.  If he goes it will save us a LOT of money on transportation, though.  

Totally off topic I did get myself some more socks.  I thought I had a lot but Torbie was in the drawer and unearthed a stash of handkerchiefs - about a dozen, which took up a lot of space I thought was occupied by socks.  I have a decent amount of underwear but wasn't happy with my amount of socks, found some on the Walmart delivery, and got them - and they are what I wanted.  I like the quarter crew or ankle socks.  I don't like a full crew hugging my leg.  

In fact, I go barefoot at home if at all possible.  I feel sorry for the babies I see at the store in shoes and socks.  They can't even walk and their feet are being squished and squeezed, doesn't seem fair.  No wonder the baby is always throwing the shoes.  Comfort is #1 in my footwear and I am not ashamed to say it.  I don't own any high heels.  

So I washed those, too and they are in the sock drawer.  My other under things are OK I don't need anything new any time soon.  

And I always have plenty of tshirts. I have my shorts and capris front and center in my closet right now.  At some point I need to move them off to the side and trade spaces with my jeans, move the jeans front and center and the shorts off to the side (except for 1-2 pair for warm days).  Not sure "what" day I will do that, maybe a month from now?  It is still pretty warm in the middle of the day, most days.  

That is one thing I don't get about people in Houston, maybe because I don't have a vehicle.  The people who wear jeans in the middle of the summer!  You can only do that if you go straight from air conditioned car to air conditioned building and back again.  But I have to wait outside on rides (even my best Uber has been a couple minutes away at best, which is fine), and it gets pretty hot waiting out where ever I am.  I almost passed out at a Walmart this summer because they took all the seating and it was very hot and sunny.  

I don't do that, wear jeans in summer, only about 3-4 months of the year and I have an ABUNDANCE of jeans for that.  So I am completely happy with my clothing situation.  

I would like to get more "matchy" sheets for the bedroom, but for once I finally have Ron's bedding at a good level.  I would like to get a set of black, a set of purple, 4 pack of pillowcases for my bed, (just wishing here) and a set of black sheets and one of dark purple.. ideally.  Am I going to run out and put it on my credit card?  Heck no.  But I will keep my eye out.  

I am really happy with where I've taken the house this year.  I think I have the right amount of stuff, not too much.  Just enough.  Especially these days I think everyone wants to have lots of everything.  I can't do that in the space I've got, I have to be selective.  I think I have done a pretty good job of that.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: