Friday, November 27, 2020

Friday afternoon

 Today's been pretty quiet.  I got my heated mattress pad out of the garage and plugged it in, it doesn't  work.  I threw it out, I don't need to burn down the house trying to cheap it out.  

I just got a quilt I love out of the garage.  It was a Walmart find about 20 years ago, has washable silk and velvet panels, very luxurious to the touch, but washable.  Then I figured out how to layer my bed.  Cotton sheet, wool blanket, fleece blanket, quilt.  That should be plenty.  I do get a fair amount of drafts around the cat door but that also means fresh air so I am OK with that.  

I ran into a vegan online.  Now I have a vegan brother in law and I believe my stepsister is as well - I don't see how the marriage would work if she wasn't.  Someone said once, years ago "If they couldn't talk about it no one would be a vegetarian" (This is before "vegan" was a thing).  Another person recently mentioned "They all look like hell with bad skin, old, and teeth falling out".  

I also mentioned Kitten Lady and her nasty trick last year talking about some pet turkeys as though they were everyone's pets and how sad it was everyone wanted to eat them, etc.  That all the turkeys wanted to do was run around in the sun and eat fruit.  The post was designed to make the reader feel guilty and ruin their holiday.  It was a very cheap trick.  

Now I care about rescuing cats so I didn't unfollow her.  But she also does the same thing with pigs, "saving" small pigs and raising them as pets, trying to show their "worthiness" of love and being a pet vs. a dinner.  She feels that is the best way to do it.  She also talked about "writing her mother letters from the dead animals in the fridge" when she was growing up.  

It's just that militant "holier than thou" attitude I don't like.  And some might say "Well, Heather you share your faith and that could be seen as holier than thou".  But I share it in love and concern.  

But I really think it goes to the whole "If I couldn't talk about my food lifestyle I would scream" thing.  They have to do it, have to moralize and look down.  

Me?  I don't want you to go to hell.  And if you are hell bound to marry someone of the same sex or whatever I will "respect" that, not endorse it because the Bible is clear.  But I won't lecture you.  

Too bad they can't endorse the meat lifestyle.  A guy actually wrote a book he used to be a vegan, became very ill, his doctor advised a meat diet, he began eating meats and regained his health.  How healthy is a "lifestyle" that requires the purchase and consumption of many specialty foods?  I am including low carb in that.  There, I'm done. 

I am tired I am going to bed.  I felt horrible I was a little late with Ron's pill tonight but he is OK.  

No comments: