Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Truck Day

Oh, I woke up with a horrible migraine. 

Unfortunately, it was truck day.  What is truck day?  Well, today it involved buying 38 cases of bottled drinks, and sundry snack items (mainly pastry and candy bars), placing them on the cart, putting them into the truck, removing them from the truck and placing onto handcarts, pushing the handcarts into the building, putting about 10 cases into the fridge, several more into the stockroom, stocking, and pushing the handcarts into the stockroom. 

You get the idea.  Ron was incredibly appreciative which I love. 

I can't say how, but I was able to obtain a Starbucks Double Shot Espresso - the cold canned item, before we got to the warehouse.  I drank it.  I got a little manic, but that came in handy.  It did take the edge of the headache long "enough". 

If I need to be manic any day, it's Truck Day. 

I did my work, helped Ron, and got most of the inventory put up.  I store some of the drinks on the handcarts due to lack of space. 

Business is good, thank God. 

I found a good spot for the next handout.  I am drawn to Bissonnet.  I've been polling the drivers about "the bad part".  3 drivers gave me a one block radius, so I'm hitting it (probably next week).  Ron is happy, it's right next to his favorite BBQ restaurant. 

We'll see how it goes. 

Anyway, most of the day was taken up with the excruciating migraine.  When we got home from work I was able to take a nap, thank you neighbors very much! 

I mean that truly. 

We went to the pet store and got cat food.  Ron was happy to get the catnip treats in the one pound size.  He had me read him the label.  What the what is animal meal?  I don't want to know! 

Headache's almost gone, praise God. 

I got 2 bags of salmon (that's the runaway favorite) and 1 of kitten food ('Cause they're only 6 months).  I also got some dog treats for a friend of mine who just adopted a rescue chihuahua. 

We came home, I got a Subway sandwich.  I ate it, realizing it was mostly vegetables and bread.  That would end poorly if I took my medication.  I will wait and eat some full fat yogurt later. 

Apparently, lithium + salad just ends badly.  I've tried it 3 times, every time with a significant amount of protein and fat.  Every time I either vomited, or ended up in agony. 

Ron wants to get "The special" at the steakhouse ($10 with 2 sides) tomorrow.  I assure you I won't be getting a double salad like I did last time!

No comments:

A trip to the hematologist

I slept OK but woke up really tired.  I hit the snooze alarm a few times, much to Biscuit's disgust.  But I'm getting ahead of mys...