Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Migraine in his feet"

The dog next door was a little barkish last night.  I decided to "try" my earplugs again.  As you may remember, last time I inserted them too far and had a terrible time getting the left one out. 

I decided to insert them halfway and see how that went.  Worst case, I still had my tweezers, but a barking dog along my bedroom wall as I battle a migraine - not my idea of a good time. 

They worked pretty well.  I even fell asleep and dreamed.  I woke up, got a drink of water, went to the bathroom (a couple times a night on this medication), and took them out.  I slept pretty well the rest of the night, except for the migraine. 

Ron woke me up a couple hours before our pickup: the rain was inbound, did I still want to go?  I said I'd like to, but then I got a look at the Doppler weather map.  Hm.  No thanks. 

Personally I don't care if I'm out in the rain, but it upsets Ron and the drivers.  Plus, I still had that awful headache. 

Ron was asking me why I don't have a lot of food in the house.  "Everytime we go to Walmart, I have a migraine" I replied.  "I can't just get in the car and go, when I don't.  I have to stagger around the store, sick, trying to think about food when I'm trying not to puke!" 

He said he was sorry, he wished he could help.  That helps a lot more than you'd think.  I say that to him when he's got bad nerve pain. 

Basically, I've had a migraine the last couple days.  Ron has had a "Migraine in his feet" the last couple days.  I gave him various vitamins and that seemed to help, a little. 

I chalk the above paragraph up to spiritual warfare.  The devil does not like us doing evangelism. 

Oh, I want a donut and a very cold diet soda, so bad. 

Maybe a couple of donuts, or a beignet. 

[rubbing my forehead] 

Torbie slept with me last night, and I did see Biscuit too.  I think Gravy sleeps on the floor near my bed, and gets up before I do.  That's unconfirmed, though. 

Ron said Baby Girl came in "wet" so the rain must have started.  That should help a lot with the headache.  

Ron seems a little better today.  The excedrin took a lot of the pain, but I'm pretty jittery now from the caffeine. 

About the only "Have to" today - order more vitamins.  I am out of olive leaf, Vitamin D, and Folic Acid.  I used some of that on Ron, and gave some to a sick friend who helps us by driving the truck.  He also got some Oregon Grape root but I have another bottle. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron has neuropathy I bet and probably needs to talk to the doctor about his alcoholic malabsorbtion

there is a point where the human body can not handle the assault we hurl on it.

some of us food, some drugs with Ron it is years and years of rot gut alcohol abuse.

This pain he talks about? "foot migraine" perfect way to describe it.

Sad thing is even when they loose all sensation due to the diabetes, drug or alcohol abuse, whatever they still feel the horrific pain of the neuropathy. But some folks benefit from B12 shots and really if you go to the doctor and tell them the truth about how much he actually consumes and how he is peeing in bottles vs getting up?
Heather he can not do worse than get help at this point?
you deserve joy and peace and fun days out
I am afraid you will not hear this either

you are a brilliant woman you know. Please spill to the doctor and make his last years with us pleasant ones. If they can not treat the addiction they can treat ease the discomfort of the comorbities

good luck honey I will check back soon

I am loyal just sometimes I have to stop reading and breath

not everyone wants or needs help sometimes they want to just say what they are saying.

But Ron can and should feel better than he does and until you spill it all to the doctor

he will keep looking to booze for pain relief