Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Time for Bed

I had a horrible time getting over here tonight; sneak attack depression. 

I didn't sleep well.  Barky, the dog behind us, was really upset and barking a lot.  I think the little gray dog got out again.   AGH.  So, there I am, yet again, lying in bed and begging God for a good quality of sleep. 

I was pretty groggy, just did the Bible study this morning (an indicator - I only just now got around to the rest).  Ron and I took the wheelchair, which translated to me riding in the wheelchair (it is very bouncy in the back of a converted wheelchair taxicab - painful for Ron), while Ron sat in the middle row of seats, squeezed between two large, "slow" men. 

The driver tried to tell me to sit up there, but I told her "I'm not getting pressed up against some strange man if I can help it".  She tried to tell me the next guy was "a kid" - when we picked him up he was over 6 feet tall and well over 200 pounds.  The seating is designed for people about 18 inches wide.  I left Ron up there next to "Junior". 

The driver didn't secure the wheelchair, so it was sliding around some as she drove like a maniac, complaining bitterly about her job.  She was upset she has to get out of the vehicle. 

Boy, I could have said a lot about how I'm outside in the weather for hours at a time, but I didn't.  She kept trying to pump us for information on "one of those post office jobs".  We told her, it's temp jobs, working nights, heavy lifting, no union or benefits.  She snorted dismissively, clearly thinking I was holding out. 

I was frightened, riding with her.  Thank God I got out OK. 

I don't think she'll be around for long; she strikes me as the entitled type.  Hey, it's a job. 

I have scrubbed toilets and been happy for the work.  We have it so easy in America, compared to other nations.  But try to tell us that!  [snort]

We went to work, and I did everything required.  We left and connected with Chuck.  I put the wheelchair in the back of the pickup.  We went to the bank, and I got paid.  We went to the mall, and I got the chair out for Ron. 

I pushed him into the mall and we went looking for jewelers.  Ron finally decided he wanted a new watchband, and will get it at Walmart tomorrow.  I got a thing for my cell phone, and haggled her down a few dollars.   I forgot, I really enjoyed haggling for merchandise at the mercados in Tijuana.  

Then we checked out a restaurant.  Ron had heard good things, and when we'd gone by in Metrolift it smelled delicious.  I wanted to like it. 

However, as we walked in I saw a steam table arrangement that wasn't compatible with the health department.  They had an open kitchen setup, and as I looked back I saw a cook, with her hair down to her shoulders, hanging loose. 

When a food service worker has long hair, they have to tie it back with a rubber band, and wear a hat or hairnet.  You can't have long hair hanging loose.  It gets into the food. 

I informed Ron, then checked out the bathroom.  The soap dispenser was dry; and it looked as if it had never been filled.  No soap at all to be found in the bathroom.  That is disgusting. 

I went out and told Ron "No soap" as I walked out.  We ate lunch at a safe place, then I had to find the eyeglass repair shop. 

Years ago, I got a new pair of glasses.  I saved the old pair.  The new pair broke; and I started wearing the old ones.  Now the old ones were falling apart. 

So, I took the "new" pair to the eyeglass place.  He fixed them and did a great job.  I'm wearing them now.  Wasn't cheap, but the man has to eat.   Ron and I agreed it was a lot cheaper than new glasses! 

I don't have any troubles indicating I need a new pair, I just need a good pair! 

We had planned to get soda, but Ron changed his mind.  We came home.

While driving, Chuck told me he's going to take me to the handout on Monday.  Good, it would be really tough to lug 2 cases of Bibles on the bus!  And, like I told Ron, coming home is no problem.  Everything will be gone. 

I took a nap, got up.  Had some wierd nightmares. 

This depression is sneakier, it is persistent.  I finally got around to doing this and now it's time for bed. 

No comments: