Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pimping the Word

It's not true, but I'd love to believe it: "Manias are good, depressions are bad".  I don't know about others, but not MY manias. 

Ugh.  I have been horribly restless, jumpy, irritable.  I'm having trouble sleeping.  I'm getting belligerent on "my" message boards. 

Ugh.  I just want to knock myself out until the mania passes and I can "enjoy" my next depression. 

I think it's very important to state an ongoing request: I am constantly asking God to "Keep me useful".  I don't want to become some arrogant, useless, thing.  I want to be usable, useful, humble, obedient, and loving. 

Humble.  Humility is one of those tricky traits.  If I think I am, I probably am not.  How do I know if I'm humble?  I don't.  I know I need to watch my pride, God reminds me of that.  I try to be vigilant, and remember that He directs everything. 

Well, when my brain is running off like a runaway car, and I'm either "speeding" or in the ditch, I know Who directs my steps.  I know He's in charge.  I would hate to see my life with "me" in charge!  So, the illness works for humility. 

I was feeling rather desperate as I did my God Time this morning, the inside of my brain felt so itchy, and that was after medication.. 

I swear God put it in my head:

"Heather, keep pimping myWord." 

I laughed so hard I almost fell off the couch.  I could just see me, dressed up in the baggy-pants gansta attire, with some "slow", loud rap playing in the background, making "God Signs" at the passing cars (instead of gang signs), and beckoning to my "Free Bibles" sign. 

[snort]  So, would I shave my head, or wear a "rag"? 

No comments: