Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Best employee

I slept horribly last night.  Not only that, I had a horrific nightmare about my sister.  It woke me up, I prayed  for her and everyone for a while. 

My adoptive Mom used to have trouble sleeping (at least when I lived with her! [laugh]), and she used to say "When I wake up, I just pray for everyone until I go back to sleep".  I've always seen that as good advice. 

It's odd, most bipolar have a lot of trouble sleeping; and usually I don't.  I'm not sure if that goes to caffeine intake or what.  [shrug]

I got up and went to the local grocery store.  While buying soda for work, I found an EXCELLENT deal on individually wrapped animal crackers.  I bought a few packages, and Ron and I put them out for 40 cents each.  We don't offer any other "bag" type cookie for 40 cents, but I do have some imported cookies from Mexico that are always popular.  I took them, and a whole lot of soda, to work. 

The customers were delighted to see the cookies, and started buying saltines as soon as I shut the door to the snack machine.  They want to buy; they just don't have as MUCH cash.  I think we can do OK if we target some value line items (which we have). 

I did a lot, helping Ron.  I stocked sodas, snacks, coffee, and food.  I chilled the sodas and put over 10 cases of soda on the cart for stocking.  I felt like a very useful employee. 

I told Ron, I want you to see me as THE BEST employee, and not just because we're married.  I want to be the person you don't have to nag, because I've already done it.  He loved it, I think, and made a joke about me being the worst. 

Nice thing; I can tell it was a joke.  Thank you, medication.  About an hour before we left I started getting pretty groggy and dragging my left foot when I walked.  That's my "high dose" lithium indicator.  If I get worse I start slurring my words and such. 

Happily, we get tomorrow off.  I bought the pickling spice I need to make the pickled onions.  I just need to figure out which recipe to use. 

Ron loves eating my canned sausage and beans (pressure canned).  I told him just now, let me know when you get down to your last jar and I'll make some more.  I can use my outdoor cook station - a propane camping stove on some cinderblocks.

It is miserably hot, oppressively humid, and very sunny.  I am NOT going to boil water or use the stove in the house!  No way!

Tomorrow's off.  Not sure what I'll do but we aren't using paratransit to do it.  I hope we do get a nice, modest, amount of rain.  We can really use it; but not enough to flood!  

Edit; finished "The Walk" - it was excellent. 

No comments: