Saturday, June 18, 2011

Best of all

I really wonder sometimes if my desire for handout Bibles qualifies as "coveting".  People tell me, no, it doesn't; but I yearn so deeply for awesome material for handouts.... I wonder. 

I have had a secret little list in my head: English New Testaments.  Spanish New Testaments.  Kiddie outreach material.  And some Giant Print - there's a guy I see every handout who begs for large print (not to mention a lot of visually impaired clients on the paratransit).  SIGH.  That's my list. 

I thought it was completely awesome when I got the Spanish.  I was over the moon when I got the English.  When an internet buddy asked for a link; I sent him to Biblica with a very general request for kiddie material.  Today he contacted me, he's sending me 200 kiddie outreach booklets!  WHOO HOO! 

Then a Facebook friend liked the status update (screeching about the English New Testaments) and said "There's something you need, what is it?"  and I sent her a link to the Giant Print, the LAST  item on my list.  She just told me she's sending me a case! 

I'm going to hyperventilate, here.  I will have the most awesome handouts next month!  I've got EVERYTHING! 

Best of all, I always have Him, to guide me and send hungry people my way. 

No comments: