Saturday, June 25, 2011

Keep me useful.

I thought you might find it interesting:


Woke up. Did my God Time, and watched a little TV. Ate and took my pills. Developed a pretty vicious headache.

Ron and I had planned to take the paratransit to Walmart, and then Starbucks. That didn't work out.

He ate a bad hot dog, and spent most of today in the bathroom. He was pretty moody as a result.

I had already bagged up about a dozen items. I had to get to the bank to make a deposit so I walked to the bus stop. "One" refers to a New Testament in a bag with candy.

First bus: gave one to driver, 2 to fellow passengers. Also handed out some kiddie booklets to a lady I knew, on the bus.

Bank: Gave one to teller.

Grocery store: Gave one to cashier.

Bus: offered one to bus driver, said no. Gave Spanish to a young mother of 2 kids. The kids loved the candy and thanked me repeatedly.  Offered one to another passenger as I got off, she said "You already gave me one".

Gave a New Testament (only) to a homeless man under the overpass as I walked by.

Went to Starbucks. They have been completely evangelized. Took more excedrin and had my steamer. Read a biography of terrorist Muslim who converted to Christianity. Posted some quotes to my Facebook.

Caught the bus - same driver, who didn't want "one". Had another Spanish Lady. Gave her one, she looked at it a while before putting it into her backpack. Got off, waited for my next bus, about half an hour, in the heat and 90+.

Bus came, got on, "I hope you'll let me give you some candy!" - handed out the last one.

I wouldn't have done any of this, if Ron had been well.  Or, if I'd been "normal" and able to drive. 
 
Keep me useful, Lord. 

No comments: