Friday, June 3, 2011

Off Day

It's so hot and sunny, I'm hiding in the house right now.  Praise God for air conditioning.  Ron and I like it warmer, about 80 degrees.  It got up to 98 yesterday, beating a record. 

In the meantime, I'm hiding out.  Someone calling themselves toenail fungus left a message; it was spam.  I get tired of the spam.  It's odd to consider someone named Toenail Fungus... anyway. 

Ron couldn't believe it when I told him some people have no moderation on their blogs; letting anyone put anything up under their names.  Yike. 

I've downloaded a few more books.  One is a public domain book on disaster preparation.  Another, a biography of a "Son of Hamas" who converted to Christianity after someone gave him a New Testament.  That's why I do it, folks. 

I am perfectly happy, going through life, never meeting my recipients, never knowing if anyone's ever gotten saved.  My Dad calls me "The Sower".  I sow, and move on.  God uses other people to take it from there, but I've heard enough stories of people getting saved by a New Testament.  I'm convinced it's worthwhile. 

I finished reading "9.2 Seattle Quake" - it was very well done, gripping, and enjoyable.  It cost a dollar. 

I'm now working on "The Walk" by Lee Goldberg.  I got a sample, loved it, and got the whole book.  Then I downloaded "Son of Hamas".  I still have 75% of my book budget! 

One gripe about reading; it can be expensive.  Even on a digital reader, a "Popular" book can run almost $20.  Ouch.  That's my whole book budget, for a month. 

So, I'm going to relax, feed and water the birds, and read my books.

Edit: while watering the outside birds, I noticed the onions were ready to harvest.  I pulled them out of my very dry soil and WOW!  3 pounds!  NICE. 

Ron is already making tuna salad in his head, he loves it with lots of onions. 

Mom and Dad get their pickled onions. 

I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest; I have half a pillowcase full of delightful onions. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

"Toenail Fungus"???? ok could you think of a sillier name?

People are people and the internet is a huge vast space where people can behave badly

Just wanted to say I have been reading but not able to write a comment ..who knows why but I figure you know at least I am out here supporting you!

that last video made me just want to send you a huge hug...life is a struggle for you and the fact you are willing to share your journey is so selfless

thank you!