Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peanut butter and lithium

I hate it when I write a whiny, self-pitying post. 

Bad first: Migraine.  Had to work.  Major nausea from medication.  Battling depression. 

Counting my blessings: Ron was awesome hero man - he offered to bring me an ice bag when I laid down.  I just told Ron that; he liked it.  When I have something nice to say, I say it. 

I really do try to live a "no-regrets life". 

Anyway, I got up this morning; depression bad enough that I am adjusting how I do my God time.  Normally I do Bible study 2x a day.  Still doing that.  In the morning, normally, I pray, and do the Bible study.  Not right now.  I save the prayer part for the evening Bible study God Time.  Plenty of times I don't comprehend much at all, but I will take away something like "forgive those who trespass against you"

Kind of lacking focus, today, too.  I'm feeling pretty vague.  I apologize in advance. 

So, I got up, did the AM Bible study.  Went to the wholesale warehouse, rode with "Barbie" - she is a really nice driver.  Ron calls her Barbie, because she gave him a hug one day and has a very petite, cute, figure.  They flirted a little (with my permission), while I teased the trainee "They gave you another one?  After what happened to the last guy?  Did she tell you what happened to the last one?"  He kept glancing at her, while I giggled. 

By the time we got picked up to go to work, the headache was pretty loud.  I got the supplies on the vehicle and battled some horrendous nausea.  I was doing alright, I think, until we picked up a guy wearing cologne. 

Some guys are so vile, I told one of them "Sir, no one smells that bad!  Please go easy on the cologne!"  This guy barely had a whiff, but the headache didn't like it. 

As we got off the vehicle, I nearly vomited.  Happily the driver wasn't watching me.  I got it unloaded and stocked everything, Ron did his thing, we came home. 

Ron was my hero as he got the ice bag.  Still is.  I forget he wants to do nice things for me.  It's his love language - Acts of Service.  I curled up in a ball. 

A couple hours later, I was done lying down - headache didn't take off until about half an hour ago.  The doorbell rang, and Ron reported "Someone left a box".  I found 2 cases of Spanish literature on the porch. 

One case of Gospels of John (really NICE ones!), and one case of awesome-looking New Testaments for my next handout.  Yay!  I felt like some kind of animal as I dragged them off the porch, into my lair.  Oh, not fun with the headache.  Worth it. 

Now I'm just taking it easy, and waiting for the nausea to pass.  I don't think it's headache related, it's just the old lithium is hell on my stomach nausea. 

Thank God for peanut butter.  If I had a dollar for everytime I had peanut-butter-and-lithium I could remodel the bathroom. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Been out of town and just now catching up! I am so sorry you struggle with these headaches! I completely empathize!....I will say Heather I am substantially older than you and suffered migraine that revolved around my cycle...I still cycle but hopefully close to the end of it and now maybe get two or three bad migraines a year! YAY!!! I will hope the same for you...you did mention a put if something happens to you...would you please give my (private) email to a trusted family member to let me know? I would for sure worry if you disapeared!

I want to send you a link for a video blogger I think is "unmedicated" if you want to triage him with me drop me a line

(perhaps this is too personal to publish would you mind just reading and deleting?)

Many hugs to you dear girl