Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bad Heather!

A pretty good depression indicator.  I'm hungry.  I want to eat some peanut butter.  But all the spoons are dirty in the sink and the thought of cleaning them is just exhausting. 

I am pretty proud of myself; I did a very good job of taking care of myself today.  Got up, too tired to do any God time (sorry Lord), and went to Walmart.  I couldn't find a good cart for Ron, so I left him on a bench. 

I desperately needed workboots.  My old ones (almost a year old) feel like cinderblocks, lined with razorblades).  I didn't have any good regular shoes, either.  I've just been wearing the painful workboots everywhere.  Bad Heather! 

Ron was touching my foot the other day and commented on my calluses.  Said I need new shoes, and he'd pay for them (we'll see). 

So, I went to Walmart and I started trying on shoes.  I found a good pair of Brahma workboots - they have a steel toe, slip resistant, and look just like the "approved footwear" image on the poster at work (I want to adhere to the safety regulations).  I have seen enough people without feet, on the paratransit. 

The boots felt good, I like the lacing style, and they were only $20.  I spent $12 on my last pair and they lasted a year, so money well spent.  I also indulged myself, and bought the $6 blue gel insoles I love.  Those boots feel great now. 

Someone, trying on shoes, had left a pair of the velcro sneakers.  I like those, they're a good "Day Out" shoe, and good for a Bible handout.  They come in a wide, and are about $12.  I got them, too.  I have a hard time taking care of myself.  I feel like I don't deserve it, and if I do, someone else will do it.  AGH. 

Obviously I have issues.  Considering my life, I'm happy I'm a law-abiding citizen with a deep faith.  That's what's important. 

I got soda.  You know I did.  Walmart has very competitive pricing on the soda now.  I got some sport drinks, and clear sparkling water for the handout.  I got instant sugarfree drink mix.  I got cat treats and made my deposit so my missionary can eat this month. 

I got a sleeve type case for my Kindle - an off brand and $15.  It is very snug, cute, and protective.  Yesterday, I had my good glasses repaired. 

Of course, I know have about $40 in my "this week's budget" as a result.   I didn't buy any food, our pickup was uncertain. 

Well, I bought Ron his beloved "ranch chicken" from the deli.  He loves the stuff.  We also got about 1/3 pound for the driver. 

It's easy for the drivers to find us.  Walmart has 2 doors.  In our pickup notes, it tells them which door.  If they don't look at the notes they can just drive from one door to the other. 

Speaking of, I saw an alarming sight as we exited the building.  A paratransit van, driving in circles, far away from both doors.  I wondered if it was ours. 

See, when the driver can't find the passenger he's supposed to look in the notes.  Oh, Ron and Heather are at the other door.  Say he drives over and still doesn't see us (although we were right there).  He calls dispatch and they do a "call-out", calling Ron's cell phone and telling him to get moving. 

Then they wait 5 minutes.  No passenger, they "put a 5 on it" and leave.  Well, he left, without doing any of this. 

I felt rather bitter, but told Ron "I'm glad we AREN'T riding with that person, if they are so incompotent".  Ron wanted to wait outside.  In the heat.  And the sun.  Just for fun, go look up Houston weather sometime.  It was AWFUL. 

I thanked God I hadn't bought the cottage cheese.  We roasted.  Ron complained aloud to God "Could you send a cloud?  Huh?" 

I really hate waiting on a ride like this, and they had promised to send another one, sometime... I see people walking into the store.  I see them walking out of the store, later, with their stuff.  They get into the car and drive off and I'm crippled and I can't.  Hard to stay positive.  Easy to get bitter and angry.  Now imagine waiting for an hour or two.  Just to get home.  Because dumbo didn't come to our door.  I asked God to put His thoughts into my head, and tried to stay positive. 

I saw an older man walking into the store.  He was wearing an "I love Jesus!" hat.  I told him, I love your hat.  Then I said "I love Him too!"  He laughed. 

All of a sudden, a woman drove up in a compact car.  "Do you have a ride?"  We told her, not really.  "I'd be happy to drive you home!"  We accepted graciously. 

I noticed she had disabled plates on her car.  Thank you, God.  We had a delightful ride home, and I took my nap. 

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am very depressed
So I empathize going to try to go hike and swim this weekend dreaded what thebfireworks will do to my poor dogs...i love them but my dogs need to medicate poor things :(
hope you and Ron have a happy 4th

awakened0229 said...

Wish you and I lived closer together. I would be honored to give you and Ron rides to and from the store. God bless you Heather. You are such an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I like looking through a post that will make people
think. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!

Anonymous said...

I visited multiple sites еxcept tһe audio feature fⲟr
audio songs presewnt att tһіs web paցe is genuunely excellent.