Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Blue

Ron and I eventually resolved our issues and went off to the wholesale club to purchase supplies.  It was pouring, so we went home and stayed. 

I was battling depression - just crap in my head, not in response to anything.  I laid down for a while, had nightmares, got up.  Bubba cat brought me a live bluejay. 

Poor little thing was completely freaked out, in the sink.  I sent up a quick prayer, and picked up the bird.  I end up doing this on a regular basis. 

Poor little baby was trembling, soaked, with a racing heart.  I put it out back and watched it, as Bubba howled angrily, locked in the bathroom.  It's a fledge - an adolescent, partially flightless bird.  He has a full coat of feathers, obviously a bluejay. 

Anyway, I'm keeping Bubba locked up until Big Blue out back figures out the mystery of flight.  Ron didn't really care, because "Blue jays sound ugly anyway". 

But the poor little trusting thing, all quivery in my hands... I couldn't just let him be murdered. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Good for you on saving that bird.. Sounds like Ron is cycling again I am sorry