Monday, June 6, 2011

I could really torture you....

During my God Time, I've been asking Him for rain.  Just "enough" to help with the drought, not so much we flood. 

Yesterday afternoon, we got about 1/8 of an inch.  Ron told me it was supposed to rain today. 

My knee is still a bit tender, so I stayed home anyway.  I was pretty tired, too (more on that in a bit).  Sure enough, about 3:30 the sky got dark, the wind picked up, and it started to rain.  Lovely.  It rained for about 40 minutes. 

I can hear the sparrows chirping joyfully out in the bushes.  I'm sure they're going to feast on delicious little bugs. 

It was a lovely show, watching the rain.  I'm glad I could. 

Ron went out, and actually stood in the rain for a moment.  He came back in.  "Ow, that really hurt".  What?  "The raindrops beating on my back, it was horrible."  Neuropathy.  A few days ago, he told me he hated bathtime, because the motion of the water in the tub made him ache. 

I can't imagine.  How awful.  How awful that he said the neuropathy was worse than getting hit by a truck! 

[snort]  When Social Security wanted to review his case, I could certainly check "worse" (is he better, the same, or worse?).  [sigh]   It was hard to watch. 

I told him, I could really torture you with the sprayer on my hose.  He shuddered.  "Yeah." 

Speaking of torture, he had a bad night.  A lot of crashing noises.  He's told me, don't intervene unless I call your name, so I don't.  I slept terribly. 

I got up and did my God Time.  Bubba-cat was very cuddly while I did it and I rewarded him with a can of "beef" cat food. 
It's probably dog meat!  Whatever it is, he sure liked the gravy.  He likes to eat the gravy, and then come back and eat the solid part later. 

Ron, obviously, had also gotten a bad night's sleep.  He had a hard time waking up. 

We got to work, did a whole lot of stocking, and did it all.  I was especially happy to see a temporary worker buying not one, but two bags of my special discount cookies.  He told me "They're good", so did one of my regulars.  Yay! 

We came home after work, and I took a nap, I think we both did.  I had a nightmare I made the McDonald's clown cry because he spilled his soda.  Time to wake up! 

I can't oversleep, I have horrendous nightmares and usually get a vicious headache, too.  I got up. 

I read my book "Germ" - which is very good, and watched the birds in the yard for a while before the rain. 

Then I saw the congressman, or senator, explain why he put up a naked photo on Twitter.  How awful for his wife! 

What a day! 

No comments: