Monday, June 13, 2011

Is a cat

Yesterday, Ron and I went to the grocery store.  I found my "special" $1 a pound ground beef and got 6 pounds.  God is very good to me.  I also got a couple pounds of chicken drumsticks. 

Yesterday, I cooked up the ground beef, froze it, and made Ron some French Onion soup (with my homegrown onions).  He loved it, by the way.  He also loved the ground beef in tomato sauce. 

I'm trying to make sure I'm putting quality foods into my body, and I was manic enough to have a good cook-day.  Yay. 

Slept pretty well, but I can tell I'm cycling depressed now.  I had a horrible time getting up, felt pretty hopeless.  AGH. 

As I got up, I had quite a sight in the kitchen... a big puddle of cat puke, with a huge skid mark through it.  Ron confirmed he'd slipped in the middle of the night, but hadn't fallen.  Then I had all the fun of cleaning it up! 

The good news, enough cat hair in the mess to indicate he will not have another hairball anytime soon.  I'm glad the only baby I parent, is a cat. 

As we left, I saw something in the road - something that appeared to be a dead animal.  I figured it was just a "seagull" (hallucination), until the driver made yuck noises.  Oh, it WAS a real, dead, possum.  Thank God it didn't get in through the pet door!  It got even wierder, later, when the vulture showed up.  [twitch]

So, we went to work.  Sales... suck.  Like one of those deep cleaning vacuums you see on TV.  Ron said he's really glad we have his disability check.  I agree. 

I was really glad I had my $1 a pound, ground beef. 

So, we got home.  Gaped at the vulture feasting on the dead possum.  Went in the house, got a cold drink.  Got a couple reusable tote bags for Walmart. 

My phone rang, my pills WERE ready.  Hell has frozen over.  The last year or so it has been really hard to get refills.  However, it looks like WM is using a new lithium manufacurer.  [shrug]  I just take a 300 mg lithium carbonate capsule, not much to formulate, so no matter what color lithium I'm taking it always works on the moods. 

Our ride was really late, the system was down.  We got there, got my pills, priced the Tylenol for Ron (a lot more expensive than Sam's Club), got Ron some TV dinners, I got some sugarfree mint chocolate chip ice cream (I had my insulated tote bag), and I got some soda.  It was a really good deal, and they had my beloved CAFFEINE FREE Diet Dr Pepper bottles.  Those are really hard to find. 

After all the anxiety drama the last couple weeks, I am not really interested in getting a lot of caffeine in my system.  I don't tend to run anxious during a depression, I get more despairing and hopeless.  AGH. 

I am reminding myself of all those sleepless nights, the last couple weeks, when I kept telling myself "Soon I will be depressed and all I'll want to do is sleep".  If I don't like the mood, wait 10 minutes. 

So, we got our stuff and checked out.  An hour and a half later, we're still waiting on our ride.  [The system was down]  Ron finally called a cab.  Fortunately we don't live far. 

We came home, I put up the cold stuff, and took a nap.  Tomorrow's my Offday so I plan to have a little fun. 

Oh, and I got paid. 

No comments: