Friday, June 10, 2011

How did you sleep?

If you pray, please ask God to give me some good sleep for a while.  I can you I slept badly, but you have to be there. 

The neighbors had the music again.  I could only barely hear the bass notes, like I do.  I think they used to work nights, got laid off, and stay up at night now listening to music.  That can't last forever.  I never hear it during the day. 

Anyway, and then I tell you I finally did fall asleep.  Great.  And then Ron woke me up shouting for me at 12:30 AM.  Why?  He wanted to order Chinese food.  Some quick prayer on my part; I don't want to be a shrieky hater.  I told him, Ron, it is the middle of the night.  I had to repeat it a couple of different ways before he got it. 

Then, I'm sure he THOUGHT he was being quiet as he staggered over to the kitchen and heated up some leftovers.  He thought.  [laughing]

Oh, yeah, and my cycle started last night.  I wasn't hurting, so I didn't take anything. 

I had taken a whole day's worth of lithium at dinnertime, as soon as I could eat, and I didn't want to get toxic.  [sigh]  So I put in my thing and went to bed. 

Then the neighbor behind us on one side (music man I think), goes out into the backyard and has some kind of "confiding" conversation.  I couldn't hear the words, just the tone, but it woke me up.  That was about 1:30 AM. 

But wait, there's more!  Remember the mouse?  Well, it kept stirring under my bed, so about THREE AM I start banging on the frame yelling "shut up" at the mouse.  [falling out of my chair and laughing on the floor]  I had to do this a couple of times.  SHUT UP!  BANG BANG.

And my useless cat is where?  I don't know!   Oh, dear God let it end. 

Then, about 5:30 AM I am awoken with horrendous cramps.  I felt like I was being vivisected and the pain was so bad I almost vomited.  I choked down a couple Aleve, and got a hot water bottle, and curled up into a ball of misery for about an hour, missing my God Time. 

Ron finally woke up. 

"How did you sleep?" 

No comments: