Thursday, September 2, 2021

Thursday

 Yesterday was a challenge.  8-9 it is impossible to cross the busy street near my home and that's when I needed to catch my "usual" bus that would get me to work an hour early.  You may think, "Heather, just push it a little and get there later"  I will cover that.  

So I left the house at 7:30 and even then it was pretty exciting.  I got the bus and got to the transit center.  I had decided to wait an hour at the transit center so I wouldn't be 2 hours early for a 4 hour shift.  That's just weird.  

First bus left no problem.  Second bus had an issue that took quite a while to resolve, if that had been my "getting to work" bus I would have been late.  That's why I leave early.  ALSO another bus at the transit center had a medical emergency that required calling EMS and such.  I finally caught the 9:45 that worked fine for me.  I got to work at a reasonable time, had a little time to shop, and unwind from my horrible trip to work.  

Oh, and (at the transit center) a mentally ill woman was giving me a hard time because she didn't like the way I drank my shake.  I had put it in a powerade bottle.  She was yelling at me I had a lot of nerve drinking it like that in front of her and I'm thinking "Oh boy".  I just kept drinking.  But unfortunately you do get some mentally ill riding the bus.  What do you say to that?  

One of my bosses altered my job slightly but nothing major.  I did it well and she was happy.  I left a little late due to co worker needing a break.  I had told Jack to come at 4:15 so it worked.  

I went home, it had been raining at work but had stopped.   I was happy about that, unwound a little bit, took a nap.  

Tonight is my longer night, I start in the afternoon and work until 10.  Jack says he is coming.  He did scare me yesterday he said he got a couple of day jobs and it paid so well he was hoping to do it again.  That's why he couldn't help last week and had his wife get me. I can't compete with an 8 hour shift at $25 an hour.  I will just have to pray it works out for everyone.  

They did like the chocolate, he said.  I am happy about that.  

So today I just need to get across the street and to work, make sure I have enough cash to cover Jack and a snack for me.  I will get dressed early so I can visit with Spotty who only wants lovin's when I am getting dressed.  I don't get it but do try to oblige.  I tend to get dressed (not today) at the last minute because the support socks are a hassle to don and wear.  But my legs feel better and I am vain enough to hope they will help prevent veins for as long as possible.  I have made it to my 40's without them maybe I can get another 10 years.  It doesn't matter at work because I wear long jeans but I am a little vain (ha ha) about my legs.  And it does help with endurance, to wear the socks.  So good reasons to do it.  I wear them every day now because my boss has suddenly asked me to work late generally on the weekends.  

The rest of the outfit is, as I said, long jeans (dark colored, not destroyed, my preference), sneakers, and a t-shirt wear the vest over it.  I have all sorts of stuff in my vest.  It has 2 large pockets on the front.  

So that will be my day I think.  I generally stay pretty busy.  I will be a little short on sleep tonight as I will just get the 8 hours.  Tomorrow night I only get 6 hours but that's only one night a week and OK with that, if I could drive I would have plenty of sleep.  I work long nights today and tomorrow and then 3 shorter shifts going up to Monday.  Monday I work 5 hours and then will get my vaccine.  That will be the second, hopefully I won't get sick off it like some people have.  

I know my family will feel better knowing I got the vax.  I still plan to wear my mask everywhere.  At work it is store policy although some employees pull it down.  And some women are still wearing lipstick under the mask.  I don't get that.  It rubs off and they have to clean up every time, then they put more lipstick.  

I think it is some generations you never left the house without lipstick.  They have a hard time adjusting.  

I never wear makeup.  I use a good facial cleanser (I have oily skin) and exfoliate every week or so with a special cloth but no makeup.  I did wear it on my wedding day for the pictures but that was it.  Ron sure didn't care.  And I wasn't good at doing the eye makeup.  

Anyway that's it for now don't expect one tonight.  I will probably do a blog tomorrow morning though.  

No comments: