Thursday, September 23, 2021

Today was OK

 My family picked me up, we went to Galveston and found where I put Ron.  I had meant to stop by Spec's liquor and buy a tiny bottle of alcohol and pour it out on his grave, but I forgot and it didn't seem worth going back.  

Mom took some photos.  


That's pretty much where I put him.  Behind me is a lake.  So Ron overlooks a lake with the ocean on the other side (lake to my left, ocean to my right).  Mosquitos were again notable but we brought the bug spray.  

We went to lunch at Miller's.  They are a good spot the locals favor.  Then we went home.  Transit time was a while both ways.  

We went to their house and then hung out for a while.  My aunt took me home around 8 PM.  While at her house, I talked about Ron a lot with my family.  They were nice about listening.  

When I got online I found another person I knew had died of COVID.  This guy got a new heart several years ago and couldn't shake the virus due to his immune suppressant drugs.  So that makes 2 guys (interestingly enough both men) in a week I knew who died of the virus.  

I am 2 weeks out from my last vaccine so I am as protected as possible.  I need to get a little better about hand washing but at least I have had my shots.  

I am going to bed early that's it for now.  

No comments: