Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday morning

 Pretty horribly depressed yesterday morning.  NORMAL I just lost my husband.  It has been an awful year.  I get over one terrible revelation about Ron only to fall over another.  Hopefully I am done now.  

I told my sister: "But Ron still remembered you".  He was stage 4, that was coming.  I can't help but thinking I could have been nicer to him, knowing what I do now.  Not that I was mean but I did get impatient a time or two.  But he understands.  

So I got to work and they, God love them, keep me busy enough I don't have time for pity parties.  So I pushed through and was OK at the end of it.  Had a headache, too, but got through that.  

Came home with Larry and started some laundry, arranged with Larry to pick me up Wednesday morning because I am not running across the busy street during rush hour.  NO light, no crosswalk, there is a small hill on either side so they crest right as they are almost on top of me... NO.  Plus I get to sleep later if I want.  

I really do hate starting at 12 on Wednesday.  But it's almost $60 in my pocket.  My raise is effective as of last Saturday.  

Laundry is in the dryer.  I have 3 flannel and one fleece shirt in plaid, very cute.  I will wear them over a tshirt on cold days.  As I told someone at work I am unclear if the HVAC at work will work better for heat.  My area tends not to be very well cooled during the summer, it is very common for people to complain it is hot.  And I can get pretty hot I do get a mild hot flash now and then.  If it ends up being rather cool I will be OK with the flannel.  If not I can just keep wearing the t-shirt and wear the flannel as a jacket.  I didn't have much laundry so I just did one load with everything.  

I took a nap, Cleo joined me.  She is really a very nice little cat.  She loves to wrestle with her brother I am glad I kept them together.  I got up and paid the flood insurance.  Ouch.  $1700 but I had been saving since May.  I printed all my confirmations.  It was easier to pay than the regular insurance.  I will of course feel 100% when I get the new policy.  

I did opt for the higher coverage policy.  If I need it I will be glad I paid the extra $40 and generally I do.  Ron called it "blood insurance".  They didn't (I don't think, my aunt did it) have a hard time switching it over to me only.  

I have today off, slept late (7:30) and my aunt is coming.  We will mainly run to the bank and Walmart.  I don't even need that much at Walmart.  I told her it didn't matter which Walmart.  I am near 2.  

That's it for now, I need to take my shower.  

No comments: