Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday

 I chatted online a little bit with a guy I know, a medical professional, and he said there was no way Ron could have survived the heart damage.  That it is appropriate to call it a "heart attack".  And Ron's heart was a mess.  I am really thinking it is a surprise he made it the 18 years after the accident.  

But I am glad I had it even with the bad times.  I remember this image: 


That's who I remember.  Not the belligerent drunk.  Ron and his beloved "necktie".  She is sitting by me right now waiting for treats, which she will get.  

So pretty depressed today of course.  I will just have to waddle through all this grief and eventually come out a better person at the end of it.  I have noticed other widows are very sympathetic to me.  They get it.  

I also need to figure out dinner.  I didn't eat much today.  

That's it for now.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad said he would never be happy again after my mom died and spent the last 18 years of his life drinking himself to death.
You might be grieving for 5 years if you don't entertain the idea of dating sooner. ((HUGS))

Heather Knits said...

Well I poured out all the liquor after Ron died.

I don't do anything addictive aside from modest amounts of caffeine and a rare sugary treat.

I don't want to leap into a bad relationship. My normal for those things is messed up; I have often heard older guys are looking for a purse or a nurse, and I am not up for any more nursing for a long time, if ever. I need time to clear my head and make a long list of what is and is not acceptable to me. That's going to take a while.

Since Ron died I have yet to meet (in person) any man who is a devout Christian and that is #1 for me. He has to have a committed relationship with Jesus and compatible theology with me. Ron and I had conflict at times over my faith and it was very unpleasant.

Anonymous said...

Unequally yoked, I sure get that!