Monday, September 13, 2021

Monday

 I am done talking about my illness in public.  A good example why: had a person in my life.  She has overcome a lot, she is also bipolar.  She got pregnant and went off her meds to ensure the baby had a good start.  Had the baby.  Was working at a nursing home and really enjoyed the work.  Decided to stay off her meds "So I can nurse the baby".  Had a rapid and marked decline, is now stripping in a bar.  I wish I were exaggerating.  It is awful.  But that is what happens off the meds!  You can't stop!  EVER!  

It would have been far better to feed the baby formula (the government is happy to pay for it) and go back on her medication to provide a stable environment.  This?  Chaos and uproar, terrible for a developing child and exactly what her own mother did to her growing up.  Just all around tragic and highly depressing.  

The tropical storm is coming and the buses are not running starting tonight.  And it isn't even slated to be that bad/big a "thing".  I storm proofed, mainly bringing in some outside chairs and also rolling up the exterior blinds.  I had totally forgotten about them I am glad I remembered to go out back.  The cats are all in.  

My aunt came over.  We went and got some death certificates.  I was the only one allowed and I had to prove I was the wife.  They can look up everything related to Ron and certainly looked up the marriage license to see his wife was named Heather.  It took a while but she did it and I have 5 copies.  I want a copy, Dad wants a copy, and one for Ron's family to cash in their "big" life insurance payout.  Thanks to Dad they didn't have to pay for a funeral so the whole payout (said to be a few thousand dollars) goes in their pocket.  I hope they do something nice with it not just pay bills.  

But his brother and sister are over 70 so who knows.  So I'm glad that is done.  I was doing OK but couples kept coming in wanting marriage licenses.  That was hard.  It is $74 by the way.  To get married.  It was a lot cheaper when Ron and I got married I think half that.  

Then we went to Walmart, I paid my gas bill (not much) and got some shapewear (not at my store).  Hopefully it does the job.  I had worn some 3x sweatpants and they kept falling off even with the drawstring, so when we got home I changed into some of my size 21 pants.  Those fit great, were very comfortable, and were "very cute" per my aunt.  And that is with no shapewear.  They would be good for work as well, they had very decent pockets.  We left, went home.  I forgot to put away the soy milk and frozen berries, but did later and am not worried I "ruined" them.  

We went to Cracker Barrel.  I had a card so I used that to pay for lunch.  It was pretty good and I have leftovers for later.  

I hung out with my aunt for a while, and she left while it was dry.  I took a nap for a little bit and then did a load of laundry with my new shapewear.  Speaking of, I think it just finished.  Yup it did.  All caught up on clothes.  

It will start raining around 6 so I will check the mail a little after 5.  Forget if I wrote this but Metro bus will stop running tonight.  Should be interesting.  

I plan to unplug my computer tonight and may leave it off tomorrow if I feel it's warranted.  I have a pretty decent surge protector but could have power outages (and "on-ages") that could fry electronics.  

No comments: