Thursday, September 9, 2021

Wednesday

 My aunt came and we went to the Walmart, did my bill pay.  I had already given her our bank statements for her records.  

So I paid the electric (no gas bill yet?) and headed off to the apparel department.  You may have noticed they have a lot of clothes in the army green color, which I like, and I wanted a few pieces.  I saw a dress I have been eyeing, basically a t-shirt dress short sleeve goes to the knee, for $5.  I put it in the basket.  I found some "jeggings" and put them in the basket to try.  I got a hoodie in the green because I already have one in pink so I knew the sizing would work.  And it's $10 with my discount and I can wear that all winter.  

I looked at the juniors jeans table and my aunt helped me find a pair of black bootcut jeans ($9 before my discount) and we put those in the basket too.  So I went into the fitting room with the dress, a pair of jeggings, and the jeans.  The jeans and the dress were great, the jeggings were too snug in the lower leg I felt very confined in them, so I put those back.  So I fit into a size 20 dress, size 21 jeans.  Was a 24 when Ron died.  Then I went to look at cat food.  I bought a monster jar of cat treats and some more of their dry food, then food for me.  

The shakes are working very well so I got frozen kale, pineapple, berries, etc.  I got a gallon and a half of soy milk.  I got fresh bananas.  I got some TV dinners as well.  I paid, got a nice discount there, and went home and put it all away.  

We went to the taqueria for lunch.  We had a good meal as always and not expensive.  Good service, too.  The one girl had a little trouble understanding I wanted a lime wedge in my diet Coke but we got it.  Then we went to a panderia (Mexican bakery) looked around I got a slice of some yellow cake for later.  It was good but not very sweet.  That is just their style.  I also got some small apples and a few lemon pies from Foodtown.  The lemon pies are good when I am fighting a headache.  Something in them just kills the pain.  We ran to another store and then home, she left.  

I took a nap.  When I got up I made a few shakes and put them in Powerade bottles for later.  Cleaned up from that, watched "Blue Bloods" reruns on TV.  I called my parents they are doing well.  We discussed going to visit Ron in Galveston at the state park and I told Dad I had "really good" bug spray for that.  The mosquitoes really got him last time, and they were big ones.  I didn't know I put Ron right next to a lake so we had freshwater bloodsuckers right there.  Dad also liked eating at Millers so we can do that again.  It is much more affordable than Landry's.  So it was a good call.  

Then I went to bed early.  I slept OK but just sad today.  I really miss him.  Sometimes it just hits me: he is dead and had that again this morning.  I know he is alive and happy in Heaven but I miss him down here.  But there is no way I could work at Walmart and take care of him if he were alive.  At least this way I get the house which he would have wanted and a heart attack is not a bad way to go.  

Probably how I will go.  The cats are good.  I forgot to lock the door to the garage and they got it open last night, but I locked it this morning.  Hopefully I didn't get horrible things in the house from that.  I already talked to Jack on Monday about a ride home tonight so that's done.  I got some cash out of the bank so I can pay for that and work snacks.  I don't like to travel with my debit card unless I am with my aunt.  

From what I read the raise starts on Sept 25 so I have a few weeks on that.  So I would see that on Oct 13 if my calculations are correct.  I need to ask my aunt about contacting the flood insurance and taking Ron off the policy, if she has time.  That is due in early October.  

Biscuit just got in the box and peed LOTS which makes me very happy, I hated to see him blocked and miserable.  The Iams Urinary has really been good for him.  

Baby Girl looks terrible I will likely take her to the vet for a checkup but I think she is just depressed over Ron.  She has a good appetite, begs for treats, eats treats, acts pretty normal but her fur is in bad shape.  I don't think she is grooming properly.  

The other cats are all good, Spotty came out when my aunt was over and came right up to her meowing.  I thought it was very cute.  She is not so into cats but he just smelled her feet and rubbed against her ankle.  

So I will get ready for work now, that's it for now.  I don't expect a notable night at work so I will likely not post after work.  Take care.  

No comments: