Thursday, September 23, 2021

Here's the letter I wrote the coroner

 

It was a huge shock to me when I found my husband dead when I returned from running an errand. It was completely unexpected even though he had health problems. I really hoped an autopsy would provide some answers.

Thank you for performing such a detailed examination of my husband (Ron XXX, deceased March 6, 2021). You provided the answers I needed. You also explained why he had been declining the last few years, memory issues and difficulty with some tasks. He was terrified to get answers and based on what I read he was right! The report explained so much.

Ron was a man of faith, his favorite Bible verse was Revelation 21:4 “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.”

Ron is in his perfect body with no pain (he had severe pain due to his ongoing back issues and post accident arthritis), no seizures (hell for us both), no immobility, perfect body, perfect mind, and perfect peace with Jesus.

I am enclosing a Scripture booklet. I hand these out in bags of candy, if COVID regulations permit one day I would like to bring the facility a case of Snicker's bars. But for now I can give you this. I hope it brings you the peace I have found in my faith since losing Ron.

Thank you again for giving me the answers I needed. I have a lot more peace about “why” he had to go when he did, now.



Sincerely,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good letter. Ron would be proud of you working in the witnessing part!

Heather Knits said...

There was a reality show, "Dr G medical examiner" and followed her as she did the autopsies. Many parts of course were blurred out. But she said she always enjoyed getting feedback from the families and liked providing them with closure. I assume that is universal.

And if he doesn't like it he can throw it away and forget about me.

It is interesting to me Ron died on a Saturday and they did the exam Sunday... but they didn't tell me I could have him (well funeral home could) until Tuesday. I guess they were getting the samples, they took many, many, samples.

Oh I forgot to mention he had epilepsy on the exam, the horn of Ammon had changes which indicates he had temporal lobe epilepsy which I HAD figured, but nice to confirm. Still a huge shock to hear he had Alzheimer's.