Monday, September 27, 2021

Monday

 I am doing a little better; I had a good look at my hair and decided I was OK without a shower today, got dressed in an oversized pink t shirt and camo leggings, with a fanny pack.  My aunt is running a little late but I'll take what I get; she said she had a phone call I hope it didn't involve Ron, or is only good news if it did.  

It didn't involve me but she did say she is getting mail related to probate.  We went to IKEA that was fun.  I am pretty certain I am going to get a comfortable chair and footstool for napping and not a twin bed as I had planned.  We never had anyone stay the night in 17 years.  I sure won't have overnight guests now.  Not until/if I remarry and then he will be in my bed.  

So I found a chair I like, let me see if I can pull it up.  Here it is:  Pello chair  I told my parents about it they want to buy it for me, for Christmas.  That will give me time to fix up the room.  I don't want Carlos tripping over a bunch of crap in there.  

Which reminds me I need to take the bedframe out and put it back in the garage.  I can put stuff in the room when it's done.  

I am thinking turquoise with the dark floors as in the other rooms; black accents.  White baseboard and door.  That should be nice and refreshing.  I have found I am much like a parrot in I prefer bright colors.  I like red in the kitchen (with white), turquoise and orange in the front room, orange in the orange room, vivid purple in my bedroom and a lavender in the bathroom.  Can't forget the aqua in the laundry room.  

When I paint the house it will be a nice medium gray but the inside!  I figure I might as well have fun with it.  When I was a little girl I had a bright yellow room with yellow and orange shag carpet.  The kitchen was a bright orange as well until my Dad remarried, then she painted it bright yellow.  So I come by my love of color honestly.  

After that we went to my favorite taqueria for lunch.  I had gotten some really nice string bags that are perfect for the candy.  I like them because I can reach into my tote bag and feel it, then take out the candy.  If I have it in a Walmart bag I have other things in similar bags so sometimes I fumble a bit, and I want to hand the candy over quickly so I don't delay the driver.  So this is nice just reach for the string bag (in my larger bag), pull out a candy and boom.  I also got some pillows for the couch, and a feather pillow for the cats.  

After that we went to my bank.  I had to do some math for that; I paid $1720 for flood insurance out of checking.  I needed to pay that back out of savings.  But I also have to put $250 into savings on Wednesday so I subtracted the $250 from the $1720 and put that into checking.  I had a check from my sister so I cashed that.  And I also took out a little cash for lunch money and incidentals.  

THEN Walmart I needed more candy.  I always need more individually wrapped candy.  I got Payday, Peanut M&M, hard candy (butterscotch, mints, stuff like that), and a bag of "Candy Carnival" it is a pretty good mix.  I got some vegetables.  I forgot my discount card so I paid full price and didn't get a whole lot as a result.  

We came home, I put my stuff away, she left.  I got horribly depressed and laid down for a while.  

I bought a toy stuffed dog (no bears, no cats in the toy section just the dog so I got that) after Ron's accident and have slept with it pretty much every night since (unless I had Ron with me).  I took it off the bed a few weeks ago when I changed the linens and lost it.  So today I bought a toy stuffed cat at the IKEA.  I found the dog today, it was in my closet under something that had gotten knocked over by the cats.  So now I have a cat and a dog.  I am OK with that.  

I checked the mail and found a very nice card with gift cards!  I was very happy to see it and read an encouraging message.  I have been told I am an encourager but I need it back sometimes, and I got that.  I plan to use the one card on Wednesday after work and get my dinner.  I also got junk mail with Ron's name on it and a newsletter from my state senator.  He had a very good run down of the various propositions on the ballot including one to allow a designated care giver into nursing homes even during pandemics, which I think is really important.  So many people could not help their loved ones during this and that is awful.  If someone like Ron with memory and behavior issues is used to a certain person feeding them dinner and then giving a bath it is very upsetting to get someone else, or not at all.  I suspect Ron would have been neglected had I had to place him.  I would have wanted to go in daily and care as much as I was able.  So I will be voting for that; the others didn't really stand out to me but that one of course did.  I tore that out and put that on the fridge.  

That was it for the mail.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I took the trash out early.  The neighbor still had room to park in front of my house.  

I also had to switch my thermostat (I have the old kind) from "Heat" to "Cold" and run the A/C a bit.  It got up to 86 today no wonder I was warm.  

The cats are good.  I took the sheets off the bed to wash, I got new sheets for my birthday and wanted to put them on the bed when it was safe.  It is, now, so I washed the new sheets, dried.  And Torbie is on the bed sleeping so I am stuck.  Worst case I can lure her off with treats, later.  

So the new sheets are turquoise and will go nicely with the vivid purple drapes I have over the closet and windows.  I will put up a photo when I get it done.  

Mood is better now I just come and go... some times I just miss Ron horribly, other times I am OK living single.  It's just an adjustment.  

Family say I am doing really well.  I would say 99% of that is my faith, the other percent the fact Ron had been declining (as you all read) for many years and I had a lot of time to process that as it happened.  

Tomorrow I plan to sit on my couch and rot my brain watching "Chicago Fire" reruns on my local channel.  They do mini marathons on Tuesday and so far I always have Tuesday off.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: