Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Big News

 When Ron died I wondered "Why?"   He was the breadwinner, my best friend, my boss, his death turned my life upside down.  

Today I got the autopsy report and found out he had Alzheimer's.  I'll say what I said the instant I found out: "Holy crap!".  

It explains so much he had so many deficits the last few years, couldn't count any more, "sundowning" at night, couldn't operate TV remote or computer any more, could barely operate his cell phone.  We were both in denial, I figured a lot of it was due to the drinking.  

By the way his blood alcohol level was .12.  So he was pretty drunk when he died.  They got most of the details right except they had me finding him in the hall, not his bed.  They also had his time of death at 1:59 PM so they did work on him for half an hour before I called them off.  

But, DAMN.  It's going to take a while to process.  

Oh and he was obese at 213.  I knew he had gained weight but not that much!  

I will talk more about the rest of today, tomorrow.  

No comments: