Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday Morning

 Well I lost an inch off my hips overnight.  Suddenly all my underwear is very baggy.  I have a smaller size if that works this morning I will get some more at work.  Nice that I have my discount.  If the "new" stuff fits OK I will bag up my "old" stuff and put it in the garage with all the 3x and 24W clothes.  I don't plan on needing it again but you never know.  I had planned to do laundry today anyway.  

I told my boss I could work late today if needed, we will see what happens today.  I would rather work the 4 hour shift I am scheduled, of course, but I average about $10 an hour after taxes (until my raise coming up) so that's $40 extra if I do work late.  I have decided I will pay for a ride home.  I am already tired having just gotten up.  

I was thinking about the guy who died and his wife.  I would call her if I felt she would be consoled but she didn't like me much.  An example: she ran into us at a Walmart, took one look at Ron, looked me in the eye, and said "You need to clean him up".  I didn't think that was appropriate.  I didn't say anything back but she went home to her husband and told him I "let Ron look pretty rough".  His hair and beard weren't trimmed but he looked OK.  Not supermodel great but certainly acceptable, our supervisors and the other vendor's wife never had a word to say about Ron's appearance.  So I don't think she would appreciate a phone call.  

Ron was quite offended at the comment and made a remark to Greg who blew it off.  

It is a shame though I really liked Greg - he had a very outgoing personality that reminded me a lot of Ron.  The two of them together were great.  Ron called him "The Mouth of the South" for some reason.  Ron often came up with interesting names.  

I need to take my shower will be back.   

So she doesn't want to hear from me.  And what can I say?  "I hope he had life insurance?"  they had several children so I hope he had it, and it pays off.  I am unclear on his salvation status as well generally the born agains trumpet it to the skies and I don't see that looking him up online.  

I will say it was nice ONE person from the program called me and offered to bring me groceries, she was very kind and I appreciated it after Ron died.  So I would call her if she didn't already dislike me.  

I am really glad I did not do a funeral.  The cremation was tastefully done and I got a great urn.  It fits right in.  I like it a lot.  I did the slide show for people who wanted to reminisce.  I look at it sometimes.  

Getting ready to go to work now, the ever present "How will it be running across the busy street?" question.  It should be OK my recollection it is fine on Sundays.  I leave early enough no one wants to be out.  

The "new" underwear fit well and aren't digging into me so I will get more at work.  I had 2 packages of this size in the garage for this happy day.  I won't need much to complete my stash.  I just had some water weight on me that came off when I started my cycle.  Now that's off I am a size 10 for underwear now.  I can retire the 11's they did a good job got me from almost 250 down to 215.  So the new ones should last equally long I would figure.  And I get them on my discount if I can find something cute in my size.  We will see.  

After today I have the week off, looking forward to that.  Today and tomorrow morning will be cleaning and such.  Dad and Mom come into town tomorrow afternoon.  

God love them they called me at 9:30 my time last night after I was long in bed.  I go to bed pretty early most nights (except Thursday and Friday when I work late) so I can get a good amount of sleep.  Adequate sleep is really important for both weight loss and immunity both issues I want.  

I need to go.  I will post again after I get home.  I may take a nap first.  

No comments: