Saturday, September 11, 2021

Thursday, Friday, some of Saturday

 The last two days went fine at work.  One customer with a heavy European accent asked for yoga pants and I directed her to Activewear, she found one of my co workers and said I was "stupid and needed retraining, she meant WORK pants".  Yet she kept asking for workout pants.  Workout pants = activewear.  Yoga pants = activewear.  I chose to find it funny and did laugh about it (not around the customer).  

Some people are just looking for an excuse to go off and I don't take it personally; you can't or you will never make it in retail.  My personal favorite was the one problem child at the Post Office, bought a bottle of Coke, drank half, wanted a "refund because it is flat".  I gave her the refund and took the soda away.  She got upset.  I said "It was flat, right?  You get the soda or you get a refund." and I put it in the trash.  I was not going to pay her to drink up our inventory.  She never did it again, either.  

So work was fine, rides home were fine.  I haven't attempted the new route home yet but did find an intersection near the store with the "idiot box" pedestrian crosswalk with the little green man.  That's about as good as I'll get for that.  I just hate crossing busy streets.  I find it ironic Ron got run over but I got PTSD about it.  And no, I am not taking drugs for that.  1.  I need to be sharp out there 2.  That stuff is addictive and 3.  I take enough medication.  

I had a brutal headache yesterday but managed to work regardless.  I believe it was food related so I won't be eating Arby's any time soon.  It's a shame I like their food but not that much.  

I need to get dressed brb.   Took a minute Spotty wanted his petting.  He only wants it when I am getting dressed, he is very cute.  Does not want hugs, kisses, or picked up.  Does want lots of head and body pets.  So I obliged.  

I have all my junk for work, bus pass, etc.  I am still debating taking the bus home from work we will see.  I am tired and did not sleep well so that is a good argument against.  

At any rate I need to go.  I will post later after I get home of course.  

No comments: