Thursday, May 24, 2018

The way I take my pills

I didn't sleep well last night, now Ron is lecturing/cursing me.  Why?  He decided he doesn't like the way I take my pills.  My pills = my business.  I get them down every time, what's the big deal?  No, I have to do it his way, because everyone takes them that way.  According to Ron. 

Ron generally swallows his pills dry, but he wasn't advocating that - he wanted me to "take a bite of food, chew it, then put in the pill".  I always end up biting into a pill, or it gets stuck in my mouth.  It doesn't work.  I take it the "normal" way, I think everyone does: take a drink of water or milk, put the pills in, and swallow.  Works every time.  Worst case I get a Haldol stuck between a tooth and a cheek.  But I think everyone does it that way. 

I don't tell Ron how to take his pills.  I just remind him to do it.  I don't get where all the hate, expletives, and name calling is coming from.  I don't do that with him.  I know we are both worried about today but it's not fair to dump it all out on me. 

I almost hope it does go bad, and I can go get another job somewhere else, out from under him.  If I'm paying the bills things would change, and quickly.  I am tired of waking up after a long, restless night, and being called a stupid bitch, and worse (a word that would get me banned from Blogger) because he's worried. 

Why not just tell me he is worried so I could comfort him?  No, we're going to attack Heather over something so trivial.  I mean, really, out of all the things he could pick, he picked that.  I guess I must be doing alright if the only ammunition he has on me is the way I take my pills.  At least I take them. 

Ron could use a good antidepressant but I don't go on about it, to him, endlessly.  I have mentioned it a few times (without expletives and name-calling), and left it.  I figure if he decides he wants one, he'll get it.  End of story. 

I got up, fed the cats, took my shower, got dressed, helped him get dressed.  Now we are waiting on our ride to the warehouse.  We go to the warehouse, get our supplies, and go to work.  Then we have the meeting. 

I don't want the business to end, it has been good to us (although Ron will never see that), but I am VERY tired of the ongoing verbal abuse.  I just hope Ron doesn't say something to the boss when he's there. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting how everyone has their own technique for taking pills/vitamins. I find that putting the pills in my mouth then taking a drink of water helps them to go down a lot easier than drinking first then trying to swallow the pills without water. Now I am not advocating you change your way of taking pills but you may want to consider trying it this way since you get pills stuck when you try to take them! Ron's method of taking pills is really not effective and makes no sense, your way while still strange makes a little more sense but still not quite as effective.

Anonymous said...

Worrying won't change anything. Maybe he wants to kick the other vendor out of the program and give the territory to you and Ron entirely. Ron could have avoid the worry and stress by just having the meeting yesterday and getting it over and done with. I am like you I want to know right away and not try and prolong a meeting I think will be something bad.

Maybe as you say getting fired and having to find another job would be a blessing for you, Ron not so much.

Heather Knits said...

It's the size of the pill, I think. Most of my pills are a pretty good size, but the Haldol is really small. I maneuver the big ones to my throat but the Haldol slips through and gets between my cheek and teeth. Not generally a big thing, and doesn't happen all the time. It doesn't taste bad like a lithium. Oh, those things are VILE. Only did that once!

Happily, no one got thrown out today and we are all in business.

Spankadoo said...

I drink water to just pad my stomach and then put the pills in and drink water until they all go down

Call a domestic abuse support line you are not alone and you can leave him and start your life again .

There is nothing like the peace I feel now that NO one is allowed to yell at me

Much love Heather call a DV hotline please even if you do not leave you can get help even with rides to go run errands (depending on service offered)