Friday, May 25, 2018

There is something alive, in my bedroom

Last night, as I lay in bed, I heard something rustling.  Moving around.  Shifting.  It was too small to be a cat, too big to be a bug.  I don't know what it was. 

I figure it got in through the cat door, or the cats brought it in and it got away from them.  Or, maybe I'm hallucinating.  I don't know.   Ron has severe hearing loss, he wouldn't hear it even if I took him in there. 

I guess I won't know for sure unless the cats get it and leave a corpse in my doorway.  Ugh. 

Hard to be a cat lover, with outside cat access, and hallucinating, with sleep troubles.  Especially when there is something alive, in my bedroom.  Torbie was in my bed, and I reminded myself of her excitement when Biscuit brought home that mockingbird, a while ago.  She was on the hunt immediately when she heard it flying around in the house.  She wanted to kill it.  They all did.  I reminded myself, if there was really something, Torbie would be after it.  I'd think. 

Eventually it shut up and I went to sleep, slept pretty well.  No nightmares, woke up a few times for water and pee breaks, but that's standard.  I had a dream about refinishing a dresser.  I can handle dreams like that. 

[side note, back in 2006 I went manic for wood finishing.  I finished a bed, a bookcase, a cabinet, and a bedside table.  I found it very fun, creative, and relaxing, but the polyurethane did give me a migraine.]

I got up and had a moderate headache.  I drank some decaf iced tea and got on the computer for a while.  The headache abated.  Then I ate some yogurt and took my pills.  The headache came back.  I love you, Wellbutrin, but you cause a lot of headaches.  I took my shower.  That helped.  Then I bagged up candy for today, and did my God Time. 

They were doing construction work next door, at #2.  I never know who might read the blog, so I will say I only see the landlord making repairs when they are trying to rent the place.  The house is half-painted, has been for over a year.  I don't know how they get that past the homeowner's association.  So, imagine my surprise when their "OK" fence was torn down and guys started installing a brand new, pressure treated, fence.  Nice work.  I could see them doing it on the front and side of the house, yesterday.  Those sides are public, and face the main streets.  I thought that was the end of it but no, today, they were working on the back fence.  Since the fence between our houses was destroyed by the Barkappotamous (search it, if you don't know the story - basically a very loud and destructive dog that lived next door for about a year), I expect they will be getting to that shortly.  The landlady did promise me they would repair the fence because their tenant's dog destroyed it.  That dog was desperate to live with us, and did everything in her power to break down that fence between us.  Ron and I (back when he was perkier) patched it with huge sheets of wood and various boards, but it looks patched, and I'm amazed it doesn't blow down every time we have a bad storm.  She needs to make this right, and if she has the money to do all the other sides then she had BETTER fix OUR fence.  I will even take drinks out to the workers, along with some culturally appropriate candy and tracts, but I expect it fixed.  She promised she would fix it back in 2010.  We will see. 

So I had the construction noise going, but I still laid down for a little while.  In addition to giving headaches, my antidepressant makes me tired, hands shake, brain fog.  I needed a little rest. 

I got up a little before 2.  Ron wanted us to get some dinner.  His love language generally relates to him taking me for dinner these days.  Cheap places, I'm not expensive.  We got ready and left. 

We had a good ride.  I talked to Ron about my latest go fund me donations (2) and how I want to spend the money.  I think I should hand out New Testaments for a while.  I can get them pretty cheap at Lifeway, but did they still sell them?  Good question.  I got Ron on that between reading him the menu and ordering our food.  Turns out they still sell them, for 56 cents each instead of 50.  Not bad.  It's been almost 10 years since I started handing them out, and I have handed out well over thousands of these rascals.  Then Ron offered to take me to the store tomorrow, I accepted gratefully.  Like he said, if you take a cab it will cost a lot more than 56 cents a Bible.  Theoretically I could take the bus, but when I go to pick them up they will be impossible to transport any other way.  We had a good time talking. 

Even though the restaurant sells alcohol, Ron ordered a diet soda.  It was nice to have my husband back.  Which is one reason I do go out with him so often. 

We had a good meal, I got grease on my shirt from my hamburger, but I can pretreat that.  We had a short wait and came home straight.  Ron went to lie down, he is tired.  He has a lot of leftovers.  I don't, I just ordered the burger and some dessert, and ate that. 

We came home.  I checked my bank account balance.  I have the money in my account.  Everything adds up, as near as I can tell.  I really need to keep a spreadsheet and get an office program for my computer. 

Anyone know of a good office program for free, on a computer running Windows 7?   Tell me about it.  Post a link in the comments, even, and I'll publish it after I check it out. 

So, I'm ready to go for tomorrow.  Ron made the trips and is in really good spirits about it.  Sometimes he can be pretty cranky about the handouts but not lately. 

I also want to do a Handout next week, but I will have to see what the weather does.  Ron will probably not want to go if it is too hot, even though I bought him a new hat, and would bring him ice water.  We'll see how much he loves me.  :p 

I need to start some laundry, and clean the litter boxes.  The cats are starting to object.  And if I want them to catch that thing I had better keep them happy.  I have plenty of litter, I always do.  I make sure of that. 

If something happened to Ron, that would probably be my big problem, getting litter home.  I could get to Walmart on the bus, but I would probably have to call a cab to get home.  Assuming one was willing to come to Walmart.  I never forget that one time I got stuck waiting at Walmart for two and a half hours, before I finally called Chuck to come get me.  Regular stuff, I could get home on the bus or a cab.  Litter?  A problem.  I just remembered I could use Chewy. 

Can't worry about things that might never happen, so I won't.  I am more worried about the thing that might be in the bedroom.  And it is so sad to deal with people who are delusional/hallucinating.  I have seen a couple episodes of Hoarders where the person clearly had hallucinations and/or delusional disorder.  It was sad and very frustrating, to watch people try to get the truth into them.  Which is why I take my Haldol.  I get "breakthrough" problems now and then, which Doc doesn't seem worried about, but overall I am OK. 

Well, time to go check the mail.  I will see if Ron has any new, talking books.  I will clean the boxes.  I will do laundry.  And I will get ready for tomorrow. 

When Ron called the store they only had 89 (only!) New Testaments so I will have to special order 300 or so.  200 with sponsor money, 100 with mine.  I always have more my money going towards the handouts, I never take money out. 

Even the thought makes me cringe. 

No comments: