Sunday, May 13, 2018

Ice pops

I'm coming off a nightmare I had just before I woke up.  Ugh. 

First let me get into yesterday.  I got up early, got ready, and went to the warehouse to buy our supplies.  They were having a "mother's day event" so the store was getting ready for a lot of traffic.  It was hard to find a flatbed cart because they had all the promotional flat screen TV's on them. 

I bought our supplies.  I called for help, but no one came.  So Jack had to load the truck. 

I came prepared today.  A couple months ago I started my period on truck day.  I used my usual product, but I had a flood, and almost wrecked the truck!  I started last night so I doubled up yesterday and I was fine.  Of course you don't need it when you double up, because the uterus knows no point in playing games.. 

Anyway, we got to work and unloaded.  Getting pretty hot.  I got everything into the building and that was fine.  Ron needed to go to the bathroom, urgently.  This is pretty common for him.  We raced to the bathroom and I waited for him. 

He struggled out, several minutes later.  They had locked off the handicapped stall and he had barely made it in time.  He was pretty upset, he's going to have our boss (in the program) call the plant manager and file a formal complaint.  It is unreasonable to tell someone to "use another bathroom" like that.  That's what the custodians told me when I mentioned it.  I told her sometimes Ron doesn't have a lot of time and she was lucky he didn't crap on the floor. 

"You don't want to clean that up, do you?"  She stopped speaking to me after that. 

Just telling the truth.  I would never get between Ron and a toilet. 

Other than that, it was an uneventful day.  I was standing outside the bathroom, looking at the Euro-sorter (small package sorter) and thinking my priorities have shifted at work.  It used to be, stocking the vending machine was job #1.  I think most would say that is the most important, after all, a full vending machine is going to make you the money. 

But Ron needs help, too.  So I have been helping him more.  He has really deteriorated in the last couple months, not the drinking, just physically. 

So I help him, when he needs it.  He was appreciative yesterday which was great.  I don't expect "Oh, thank you ever so very much!  I'd be lost without you!" but saying thanks now and then means a lot.   I don't mind helping him, even if he doesn't thank me, it's just when he's nasty I mind. 

So we went home.  I had bought some candy at the warehouse for the stuff I hand out (pretty much everyone I meet gets a bag of candy with a tract or scripture booklet), we took that home.  I also found some popsicles! 

They're the Flav-r-ice brand, I grew up eating those things.  It's liquid encased in a plastic tube.  All you have to do is freeze it and rip it open.  It's a great thing for service providers.  Since I have a small freezer, I don't have to keep a *whole box* of something, just a couple of ice pops.  The case weighed 20 pounds.  Ron was a really good sport about carrying it in the wheelchair. 

He was so enervated he didn't even want to get in a seat, he had her roll him in the back and then strap him down.  She did that. 

He fell asleep on the way home, even though the cab kept pulling to the right.  It was very alarming, I was glad to get home OK.  I trusted the driver, she's an old pro, but I would have been pretty freaked out if it was my own car. 

We got home, I put the candy away, I'm keeping the ice pops in the garage, except for a dozen or so I put in the freezer.  They are nice and solid now. 

We took a nap.  That is one great thing about my marriage now, Ron and I are on equally crappy energy levels so we understand the other needs a lot of rest/nap.  We have a tacit policy not to wake each other up unless it is absolutely necessary. 

We got up after a nap and went to the Indian food place.  It scared me at first, it had a sign up: Closed... and then I looked closer "Sunday and Monday".  Oh, OK.  I thought we were going to have to go to the Mexican food place down the way. 

We had a good meal.  Ron said he wasn't hungry but he ended up eating half an order of Tikka Boti.  He dripped sauce on his shirt but I didn't care, he was having a good time and I have stain treater. 

I ate my Tikka Masala and dropped a piece on my shirt.  I had to pretreat it when I got home.  It happens.  The Shout Gel is really good stuff.  I would practically give them free ad space, the product works so well.  If I did ads I would definitely do one for them. 

I walked to the Mexican place to get some milk candy.  I love the stuff, it is one of the few confections I can eat that won't give me a migraine.  A "homeless" (obese) man was pestering me for money, both there and back. 

1.  You have enough to eat, clearly, by your very large belly. 
2.  Probably addicted, I don't feed addictions.  If I won't "Help" my own husband I'm certainly not helping you. 
3.  He wanted money "to buy a box of chicken".  A box of chicken costs money, he could spend $1-2 at the nearby McDonald's and buy a couple of value burgers, or a value chicken sandwich, if he wanted chicken so badly. 
4.  If I had been thinking about giving him money (I wasn't) his nasty attitude when he saw me again would have killed that. 

I have no tolerance for panhandlers.  Let's look at this:  my blind husband got in his wheelchair and went to work today.  They're not working.  And they want me to take money away from Ron and give it to them?  No! 

I know some Christians think God will smite them if they don't hand over $$ to everyone who asks.  That's not how I read the Bible.  If someone is truly in need, you help them.  Someone we know got very sick and had a lot of bills.  He was a hardworking guy with a family dependent on his income.  We were happy to make a love offering, without being asked.  It was the moral thing to do.  Ron thought I might object!  I almost head slapped him for thinking that. 

We had a good ride home, the driver had a big beard and a shaved head.  I had to wonder if his face got hot during the summer.  We had a straight trip, came home, took off our shirts and I pretreated them.  I had been wearing my new capris for a few days, so I emptied my pockets and put them in the wash, too.  I will do a load of laundry in the next day or two. 

I called my parents.  Voicemail.  I started bagging up candy.  After about 20 minutes, my phone rang.  It went to voicemail.  After I finished the candy I checked my phone.  It was them.  I called them back and we talked for a while. 

Dad is still pretty tired from his cancer treatment, but looking forward to coming out next month.  He is really excited my aunt got a spa.  Dad is a spa lover. 

I think that was one of the hard things for him, about his treatment, he couldn't get in a spa during it.  But he can now, he just hasn't.  I guess he is out of the habit. 

We hung up.  I went and finished up more candy and realized I am out of Jolly Ranchers.  And that's one candy everyone goes for the second they get the bag.  I will have to go to Walmart and get more. 

I finally did my God Time, got that accomplished.  I am thinking to do it more at night.  In the morning, I am groggy, not at my best.  I am usually in a hurry, too.  At night I can take my time, even if I am tired.  But I'm always tired.  That's nothing new. 

I went to bed and slept pretty well except for nightmares.  About my family.  Still after me, nearly 30 years later. 

My aunt would say counseling would help, but I am done with counseling.  I got up, did the blog, took a shower, helped Ron get dressed. 

Our ride is coming in about 10 minutes to take us to get some Kolaches, and I will run over and get cat food and more Advantage. 

I only have one dose left.  I don't want to pick my favorite cat (Torbie) next month at dosing time. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Happy Mother’s Day to the best kitty mother I know!