Thursday, May 31, 2018

And yet another migraine

Rather than answer each individual post, I will just do a blanket reply to all.  I don't think Ron would go to urgent care or the ER.  The doctor's office did not seem concerned when he called and said he had swelling in both legs.  Frankly, I am not in a hurry for bad news. 

After reading This: alcohol and edema, I am thinking Ron probably has a combination of liver and kidney failure.  Hopefully this will be enough to scare him into stopping the alcohol/Tylenol duo he has been dating for the last couple years. 

Don't get me wrong, his legs aren't super puffy like you see on "My 600 pound life".  I will put up a photo, later.  But the fact that 2 different drivers have said something on one week, plus Ron saying his legs were puffy.  So, they're puffier than they used to be, but, looking in on him a minute ago, I thought "They're not that bad". 

But they need to get checked out.   I'll put up a photo. 

The possum: haven't seen it.  I have trapped 2 of my cats.  Torbie is the only one with any brains.  Ron has been leaving the door to the garage open at night so he can leave that way.  Hopefully, one day, we will leave for work with the possum running out in front of us. 

Tuesday, Jack brought us the trap, along with a lot of food.  He loves to feed people.  So he brought cake, links, ribs, potato salad, and beans.  Being a carb addict, I went after the cake.  It was a nice white cake, the kind they cook in the circular pan with the finger in the middle, so the cake has a hole in it when you take it out.  It looked safe to eat, a plain vanilla with a nice glaze. 

So I ate it.  And I took a nap.  Woke up in agony: migraine.  Ron and I had planned to go out.  We went.  The driver said something about Ron's legs, which led to my post.  I staggered inside the restaurant, my head pounding. 

Why did I go out with a migraine?  I thought the Excedrin would help more, and it had, until I got out in the sun.  2.  We get penalized for late cancellations, and would get 2.  3.  I wanted to go out. 

We got to the restaurant.  We had the hostess with Down's Syndrome again, she is very sweet.  And since she gets a disability check, the restaurant doesn't have to worry about paying her a living wage.  Not sure how I feel about that. 

It would be nice if a person with a disability could make as much as they could, with no limits, but the limit is about a thousand a month.  Any more than that and you lose your check. 

She sat us at a table, near a noisy family with a couple of toddlers, but the place was pretty full and not a lot of choices.  Besides, I had a great view of the parking lot, so I'd see the driver when they came. 

As it turns out, screaming kids (and they did scream) were the least of our problems.  The hostess got us our drinks fast, but the waitress took so long I finally grabbed another waitress and asked her to send our waitress to our table.  She did. 

I ordered my food (to go) and Ron ordered an appetizer to eat for his dinner.  It took forever.  We didn't see our waitress again.  Probably the second worst service we've gotten in our lives.  Long story short, I was feeling a little better and ate a few fries off my plate. 

It took forever to pay.  I got the total off the tabletop computer and Ron gave her a 13% tip.  He explained why.  Normally we are very good tippers. 

I'm just thinking that restaurant is really slow.  I didn't tell Ron the southwest eggrolls had spinach in them, I could see it but he couldn't taste it.  He loathes spinach. 

It's one way to get him to eat his greens. 

We finally left and went home.  I was not feeling well.  I put my food in the fridge and went to bed.  I had a bad migraine night, finally dropped off around 3AM.  I slept late, of course. 

I ate a little bit of my hamburger.  I still haven't finished it.  I need to, so I can take my pills. 

I'm tired and I'm groggy, and I need to get up at 2 AM tomorrow.  I will post a photo when I can. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your migraine. But for cake I would take the chance too!

I don't know how you can sleep knowing there is a possum in the house. Seriously, why not lock the cats up and set the trap and see if you can catch it that way. Hopefully it doesn't attack the cats. How did it get in?

Doesn't sound like ron will give up the drinking regardless of the diagnosis.

Heather Knits said...

The cats ignore the trap now.

I am certain the possum got in through the cat door.