Monday, May 7, 2018

A trip to the taqueria

I went to bed late last night.  I had taken headache pills so I didn't sleep well.  I still got up and took my shower, got ready for work.  I used my new keratin shampoo, which I liked.  It is smoothing which I need. 

I did my God Time later, after my nap, but before I got on the computer. 

We went to work.  Ron had not slept and was very droopy.  Happily I was able to get him to work.  He didn't have to do much but I helped him with what he needed.  I did my work, didn't need a whole lot. 

Ron left early and waited up front.  I finished my work and joined him.  We went home.  I took a nap.  I don't know if Ron slept but I think he did.   I had creepy dreams, but Torbie had joined me, in the bed. 

I got up early from my nap to do my God Time and check the computer.  Some nasty, and very intrusive, comments. 

Have I ever talked about my sex life?  I can't recall a post where I did.  When Ron and I met we had a good chemistry.  That's all I will say.  I'm wanting to elaborate but I won't. 

Ron has his problems, but I have made a commitment.  Unless something changes that will stay the same.  At the rate he is going, he will probably drink himself to death.  I will deal with that when it happens. 

He does have an insurance policy that pays off the house if he dies.  Hopefully it will pay off if Ron dies before I do.  And don't forget, I have a massive family history of heart disease.  My mother died of a heart attack, weighing almost half of what I do now.  So I could die first. 

I could get killed on a Bible Handout.  I wouldn't mind that so much as long as I had already given out the Bibles.  So who's to say who will die first? 

I'll just say Ron is abusing himself.  God is working on him, though.  Ron is very stubborn and it may take a lot of physical pain before Ron yields.  The book of Job talks about a man being "chastened on a bed of pain, with strong pain in many of his bones".  That is Ron completely right now.  But he refuses to get help. 

Me, when I had migraines, I used to go to the hospital and get a shot.  Until I realized it was more pain and trouble for something that would abate on it's own anyway.  But I went. 

Ron won't go.  So I watch him suffer.  Not fun.  I alternate between having a hard heart and empathizing. 

We were supposed to go to the taqueria.  Our ride was half an hour late; she had problems with a dispatcher.  She was supposed to do a pickup, for a woman on a walker.  She checked all over and didn't find anyone, much less anyone matching the client's description.  The dispatcher kept jerking her around, saying she was going to abandon a lady in a wheelchair, who was right in the parking lot, if she left.  But there was no client.  That took a while to resolve. 

Meanwhile the client is probably laughing at home.  Ron started out being pretty hostile, and then went to droopy and depressed.  The driver was not expecting that. 

But I did give her the candy with the scripture booklet, and a listening ear as she poured out her drama with the dispatcher.  We got to the taqueria. 

We went in and I put Ron's bib on him.  He wanted nachos.  He rushed me to place my order and I randomly chose enchiladas.  I wanted red sauce but I ordered the ones with queso, instead. 

I am not a big fan of queso.  But I ordered them, someone went to the trouble of making them.  One of the enchiladas had guacamole on it.  Ew.  I ate the two that did not have guacamole, then I unrolled the one with the guac on it and ate the interior.  It was pretty good. 

Ron made a pretty good dent in his nachos, and hardly drank any of his beer.  He was more interested in his diet Coke.  Interesting. 

Maybe I need to pray for God to make alcohol abhorrent to Ron. 

Our driver came early and walked right in.  She helped me get Ron out to the vehicle.  He didn't want to sit in the back seat (transfer), he wanted to sit in his wheelchair and ride in the "punishment box" as we call it.  Boy, he was feeling puny. 

The last time he did that he - I can't tell that story. 

Anyway, she was very nice about strapping him down and taking us home.  She made a point of thanking me for the candy, which I thought was sweet.  We came home. 

Ron had me put his food away and then he went into his room.  He called me a couple minutes later, he needed help getting into bed. 

*I don't mind stuff like that, as long as he has a good attitude, is respectful, and no verbal abuse*.  I helped him, he was appreciative, and laid down in bed with Torbie.  She was already waiting for him in the bed.  She's a really good cat. 

If God sat down and made the perfect cat for us, it would have been Torbie.  It is Torbie.  I am so blessed to have her in my life. 

Biscuit was begging for food all day, but he had plenty.  I wouldn't give him more if he was going to waste it.  I had given them 1 cup yesterday morning and they still had 1/3 cup left.   That was this morning.  They were down to 1/4 cup now. 

Ron begged me to feed them, as Biscuit sounded so pitiful.  I was eating a piece of milk candy - love that stuff, and no migraines!  I finished the candy and gave them two scoops (2/3 cup).  That's enough to feed them but enough that it will be gone tomorrow. 

Ron's now moaning in the back.  I wonder what it is going to take to get him to a pain clinic?  When I was first diagnosed and heard I could get medication, I wanted it immediately.  I was tired of living my life in pain. 

Ron's not me.  At least he still has Torbie back there. 

He doesn't want to do anything tomorrow.  I may go out by myself.  I will check the mail today, hopefully Ron has some books. 

I plan to go to bed early. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Heather...

people can tell you that you are wrong with Ron, with your business, your cats, your religion.

And I'll back you up.

But this!

Anti-guacamole!

Now you've gone too far ;)!

Heather Knits said...

I never ate it growing up! EVER. So the texture is weird to me. Being a good wife, I always give mine to Ron, but yesterday it was all over the tortilla so I just did a tortilla-ectomy. Take that, spellchecker!

They didn't have "side of guac" listed in the menu or I'd have asked them to leave it off. I like some Mexican food but not all of it. Heresy for a Texan, I know.

I'm sorry. :( I'll try to do better!