Wednesday, May 16, 2018

See what I can do

Well, the "Ron" part of my day went OK.  I slept in and got up, did my shower, fed the cats (not in that order!  Biscuit would have had a fit!), etc. 

I got ready to go because Ron had made a trip to go to the BBQ place.  It's a bit of a ride but not too bad.  Usually. 

Our ride was a little early, great.  We went out.  It was the lady who had ordered a steak the last time we went to Denny's, and offered to buy her "something".  As it turns out, we had her round trip. 

She had another client on board, who kept wanting to "help" Ron as he struggled into the vehicle, and then buckling his seatbelt.  But Ron is very independent and got it done himself. 

We dropped off the other client and then went to the BBQ place.  She had her lunch there, waiting for us.  We had plenty of time to eat, but the meat was fatty for Ron's meal.  Pretty hard to screw up sausage, they did a decent job with that. 

We went out and she picked us up.  We had some other pickups.  We went to a doctor's office and picked up an obese, elderly, client using a cane.  She made a big production of moaning and screaming, getting into the vehicle, (unlike Ron, who has about the same amount of difficulty).  She also made a special point of grabbing onto my hair and yanking, twice.  I had it away from the headrest (to prevent just that) so she would have had to make a special grab just for the hair, and did, twice.  I didn't show any reaction.  I assumed she wanted me to cry out in pain, complain, etc - and then she would say "How can you be so mean to a poor old lady?"  This has happened before.  I don't like it, but it happens. 

She got in and didn't fasten her seatbelt until the driver said something.  Then she tried to cheat the driver on the fare.  Now I really didn't like her. 

Ron had noticed her "trouble" getting aboard.  He told her if she had that much trouble with the cabs, she should get a wheelchair and ride on the big vans.  She basically told him to STFU.  He didn't understand, she said, she had a bad knee (so does Ron), and a bad back (we all know Ron does, too).  Ron has many other problems in addition but he maintains a pleasant attitude with others and, if he's ugly, is only ugly to me.  He certainly doesn't put on a dramatic production every time he gets in, or out of, the vehicle. 

The driver had another pickup.  As I've said, the one we had in the van was obese, and well out of her allotted seat space.  The driver tried to move Ron over to the middle but she wouldn't shift to accommodate him.  She wouldn't even move her cane, which was in the middle seat.  When we got to the pickup, the other client was also obese. 

No way were they all going to fit in the backseat.  I told Ron he would need to get into his wheelchair, as it "Wouldn't be comfortable" otherwise.  He knew what that meant.  He struggled a little bit, getting out, but didn't moan and scream loudly like some people.  He did give a little grunt when he hopped down, but that was it. 

The driver strapped Ron in the back, and the other client sat where Ron had been.  We dropped the drama queen off first, at a really terrible senior complex.  It is so bad it was actually featured on that show about homicides, "The First 48".  Another awful felony also occurred at the complex.  I almost said "Oh, isn't this the place where....." but I didn't.  She got out, no moaning and screaming this time.  She moved off a lot faster than Ron would have, if he were walking. 

I was happy to get home.  I stayed up a little bit to do something nice for some service providers.  I don't like to talk about that stuff, God sees it and credits me.  I don't need to get applause for things I do here on earth because God is watching. 

After I did that, I took a nap.  Torbie joined me.  She was pretty cute, walking around on my chest, pawing at my face, and purring.  She finally lay down to my left and I lay on my left side, facing her.  I had a good nap for about an hour and got up. 

We are working tomorrow.  I need to clean the - well, I need to feed the cats first, then clean the litter boxes.  Don't want to be dishing up food with "poop" hands.   I also need to do my God Time.  I need to bag up candy for tomorrow. 

And I'm really tired.  I'll see what I accomplish. 

I did learn something interesting this morning, I can take my Wellbutrin with a glass of milk.  It settled fine with no stomach trouble and I could feel the antidepressant working. 

Now I need to go see what I can do. 

No comments: