Sunday, May 27, 2018

Nice Big Gatorade

No comments!  Just spam! 

Apparently my spam blocker isn't working anymore.  It used to work great.  But the rest of Blogger works so I will confine my whine. 

Oh, crap, I need to call my parents.  BRB.  OK, done. 

Good news from Dad, his PSA level is very low.  Should mean the cancer is gone but he isn't saying that until he talks to his doctor.  Good to hear, I'd like to keep Dad around for a while yet. 

They are looking forward to their visit in a couple of weeks.  I told them about the Bibles yesterday, and Biscuit bringing the lizards. 

Today was pretty quiet.  I got up around 8.  I could tell I was going to have headaches/a nightmare if I didn't.  So I got up.  I fed Biscuit and friends, got on the computer for a while, and took my shower.  I finished the laundry and hung it up. 

I did up some candy with tracts.  World Missionary Press is way behind on orders and I have plenty of tracts.  I don't want to put a burden on WMP if I can just switch to a tract I already have, instead. 

I did up 10 bags, and put a couple of Bibles on the back of the wheelchair.  I did my God Time, and took a very short nap.  More of "lying in bed for half an hour".  I got up, Ron wanted to get something to eat.  Our driver was late, but a nice guy. 

He is a Christian, from an African country.  In a lot of countries over there they make about $400 a year.  He said that is pretty close to what it's like in his country and we talked a little. 

We got to the restaurant.  We only had 40 minutes.  I ordered a dessert.  I could take my pills with that and they always prepare it quickly.  Ron ordered a small entree. 

Our bill, with 2 sodas, only came to $10.  I handed out some candy while I was there and it was appreciated.  Service people love candy.  I know that myself. 

One of my fondest work memories is the guy who filled up the pockets on my smock with Peanut M&M's, during Christmas.  I was having a horrible day and he made it a lot better.  I nibbled on them all day as I worked, thanking God for the nice man.  That was back in 1992. 

Another time, one of my customers was moving.  He took me aside and said "I don't want anything in return, I just want you to have this" and he gave me $20.  He was very concerned I understand he didn't want anything funny.  It never even crossed my mind.  I was broke at the time and really appreciated it. 

So, little things can make a big impact.  We had a nice ride home.  The driver was working some overtime because his wife was out of town. 

We came home and I watched a little TV before I got on the computer, then I remembered to call my parents.  Back on the computer now and probably going to bed soon. 

I managed to sweet talk Ron into taking me to Walmart tomorrow.  If the fence guys come and do "my" fence, I want to give them some cold drinks.  But I need Gatorades to give them.  I want to give them a nice big Gatorade, which means I need to have a nice big Gatorade.  I plan to buy about a dozen, tomorrow.  That should hold me for a while.  I only drink Gatorade when I am doing a Bible Handout. 

So, I'm off.  I didn't have Torbie in my bed last night, she hung out with Ron, instead.  Hopefully I will get her back tonight.  I miss her when she's not there. 

No comments: