Sunday, May 13, 2018

Big Kitty Formula

 Our ride came on time.  I got Ron out the door, but forgot my fanny pack.  Well, crap.  I didn't know until we were way down the road, too far to come back. 

I got Ron outside and loaded onto the vehicle.  A blind woman sat across the way from me (we were on a big van) with a baby in a carseat at her side.  She kept feeling the baby to make sure he was OK.  I would have found it weird if I hadn't already seen that behavior in some of Ron's friends, with their offspring. 

The driver was OK but kept going off the GPS directions and making her own route.  Which made for a much longer trip for us, and a lot of speedbumps for Ron.  The final straw was when she was driving around in circles, at the Academy parking lot, saying "Oh, I'm just trying to avoid the light". 

You're a professional driver.  There are going to be traffic lights.   Very annoying.  She finally took us to our location and dropped us off. 

Ron wanted to go with me to the pet store.  Now, speaking of pets, I fell in love with a cat on the BARC Facebook.  It was an old cat.  I love old cats.  It was also a black cat.  I love black cats.  I especially love old, black, cats.  I was going to put him up for you but he's been adopted!  That makes me really happy. 

When I told Ron about him, he was all set to go down and get the cat.  Torbie would have been so pissed. 

So, we went into the store.  The manager was talking to a policeman about filing a police report over some damaged property.  Dogs were barking in the doggy day care area.  It was pretty cacophonous and Ron didn't like it.  So I guess Ron could never work in a pet store.  He did like it when a frisky pit bull mix put his head up in Ron's lap, wanting petting.  Ron praised him and petted him, before the owner pulled him off.  That dog wanted to love on everyone. 

We went and got the cat food.  I am tired of fooling around with these 5 pound bags.  I got the 11 pounders, two of them.  Ron gave me some money to pay.  "They're my cats, too".  We feed Blue grain free Salmon for the cats.  I looked at the Advantage but it was too expensive for our budget, and I get paid in a couple days anyway.  I can always go back on the bus and get it, it's a small box I can stick in my bag.  It's only good to people who have obese cats, because I have to get the "big kitty" formula.  I can do that without "bothering" Ron. 

We left and went to the Kolache factory, they were sold out of pretty much everything.  I gave a bag of candy to the cashier, who not only squealed, but hugged it to her chest and grinned at me.  She was very cute.  That's why I do the candy. 

I got what I could (potato, egg, and cheese, and an egg thing) and sat down to eat it.  Our driver came early.  He said "You are my favorite customers".  I thought that was so sweet.  We have heard that a few times and I hope to make that true with pretty much everyone.  I want us to be so delightful to everyone, so polite, patient, and friendly - good listeners.  Better living for me, through medication.  No one ever said anything like that before I started taking my lithium. 

We came home.  I took my pills and offered Ron the money for the cat food.  He said no, and meant it.  That's the nice thing about living with Ron - if he says Yes or No, he means it. 

I fed the cats and filled up their bin.  It is pretty tight so the air won't damage the food.  Considering what I paid for the food, I want it to be high quality.  I laid down for a nap. 

Torbie joined me.  Now, that's what I wanted for Mother's day.  A nice cuddle from Torbie.  She slept by my head (!), my favorite.  She purred as I pet her and laid on her side.  I love old cats, they're so mellow.  I know a lot of people like hyper little kittens but I am so partial to a nice, mellow, old cat. 

What a nice girl.  I slept pretty well but had nightmares.  I had some of my traveling dreams, where I am on an airplane going to a destination.  It got worse after that and I woke up upset. 

Torbie was still in her spot.  I petted her for a while and finally got up, then watched a little TV and talked to Ron.  I was so happy to tell him the old black cat got adopted.  Ron was thrilled.  He said, again, if it hadn't been he would have been happy to go down there and get him. 

Ron loves cats as much as I do.  Torbie got up with Ron in bed, and got some treats. 

I'm soaking my water bottle in bleach.  It holds 2 quarts, so I use it to make drink mix.  The drink mix is formulated to make = 2 quarts so it works out really well for me.  I would rather chug it out of a bottle than keep refilling a glass again and again (I drink a lot of fluids).  Anyway, if I let it go too long it gets covered in disgusting mold and slime, and the drinks taste "funny".  So I have to soak it in bleach.  Well, a bleach solution.  It should be done tomorrow. 

In the meantime I am drinking out of a pitcher and glass.  Well, plastic cup.  I try not to have any glass in the house, between Ron and the cats, plus my shaking hands, it just seems like a smart idea. 

Ron was concerned that Baby Girl had worn a hole in her cardboard scratcher box.  It's a cube, with two open sides, for kitty to hide inside.  I had to "tack" it down with some weight plates from my weight lifting equipment, so it wouldn't flip when Baby Girl got on top.  She likes to jump up on top and scratch away at the cardboard.  She has a lot of fun tearing it up.  It's the only thing I see her scratching.  We can get more at the pet store but they aren't cheap.  But she's worth it. 

So, she wore a hole in it.  I flipped it over onto another side, so the damaged part isn't on top.  That's all she wants, a nice smooth top to shred.  She's already tearing it up.  When I turn it for the last time, I will go buy another and keep it until the old one's finally dead. 

I sure hope they keep making those things.  She would be crushed if they stopped. 

I have a headache, so I need to figure out dinner.  Plus it's pill time!

I have done OK with mother's day today.  I'll be glad when it's over.  It's always been a hard time of year for me, probably like Father's day is really hard for some "kids". 

That's it for now. 

No comments: