Monday, May 21, 2018

Migraine

Well, I didn't have a nightmare.  I had a migraine. 

I woke up from my nap with a *bad headache*.  I took Excedrin.  It didn't help, got worse.  I thought I had better take a Phenergan so I could get some sleep.  It helps me rest even though it isn't a sleeping pill. 

I held it down for about half an hour before I vomited.  Not fun.  Since I didn't have much in my stomach, it was particularly unpleasant.  I went back to bed and spent a pretty miserable night.  I slept as late as possible this morning, if you can call it sleeping. 

I still had a headache, not as bad, but around.  I took Excedrin and that helped.  We went to work.  I ate a pastry and had a cold Diet Dr Pepper.  That helped a lot.  I did my work and helped Ron with his.  We got it all done. 

I am pleased to announce my Tropical Skittles have proven popular.  I had to restock them.  I did sandwiches, too. 

At least we sold them all, I was getting sick of throwing them out when they expired.  I had told Ron to cut the order, it looks like a good thing he didn't.  One woman confronted me one day, said we should be thrown out of the building.  She thought we did all the vending.  She was raving about what if they called overtime and there was no food in the food vending machines?  She kept going on about that, at length.  I thought "Go to (the gas station one block away)" but I didn't say it as she was so agitated.  I have plenty of food in there now, just not perishable food.  I have things like Vienna Sausage, nice long shelf life, good cold (it's a refrigerated food machine), I also have Slim-Fast shakes, etc.  So they can't say the machine is "empty". 

We are supposed to get a new food machine this year.  When they bring it, I plan to send the old one back.  Old ones tend to come with a lot of repairs.  The old one has been very reliable, but how long can it keep going?  I don't want to have it ordered for us, we decline it, they give it to someone else, ours breaks, and we deal with irate employees because we "don't have any food" (except for what's in the snack machines!), and then have a long wait on another one.  He also said he wants to get us a new snack machine, so I will send back #3.  #3 has had some "ripping off the customers" issues in the past so I want it gone. 

I also heard some women gossiping about the royal wedding this weekend.  Let's just say I wouldn't want those women mad at me.  They were vicious.  Said some really nasty things I won't repeat. 

Now, if they'll gossip to you, they'll gossip about you.  Good point to remember.  But this was just savage character mutilation.  If I had made a video of it, they would have kicked my butt to keep it from getting posted online. 

I'm glad I didn't get much of the gossip thrown in my face, after Ron's accident.  What I got (the accident was all my fault, etc., even though I didn't run over him) was bad enough.  Most people were polite enough not to stab me to my face. 

We came home.  Our ride was early, that made me really happy.  It's funny how God works.  I had wanted to do up candy last night, but I was lucky to do up my pills.  I couldn't work in the computer room because I have an air freshener.  It was killing my head.  So I only had 2 bags of candy for today's drivers, a bag of regular candy, and a bag of Mexican candy. 

I gave the regular candy to our first driver.  Happily, our second driver was Mexican.  I gave her the candy and we went home. 

I was pretty groggy and tired, so I went to bed.  I slept with Torbie, who is awesome as usual.  She's really a perfect cat.  I got up around 3 and got on the computer, watched a little TV, etc.  I can hear Ron trying to persuade Baby Girl into his bed.  He wants her to sleep with him, but she won't because Torbie is in the bed. 

Ron has been trying to find a "new" restaurant for us to visit.  He is bored with our current selection, but he doesn't want to go to anywhere like a Vietnamese Pho house.  One time, I'd like to go and see how I like it.  But it could give me a migraine. 

Ugh.  Migraines.  At least I am over it now. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your ride showing up early proves that god is working in your life. Then what do the migraines mean, that god enjoys watching you suffer?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Lebanese food?
Do you like garlic sauce?
It's awesome

Heather Knits said...

Lebanese food might be fun to try. We have done Shwarma, with started in Israel. It is street cart food and very good.

About the migraine, I got it because I have crappy DNA, and I ate a burrito with cheese sauce in it. No more, no less. I'm very glad I did not pass my problems down to children - that would be awful to watch a child of mine suffer with a migraine and know it was "my" fault. One of the many reasons I didn't have kids.

Anonymous said...

And you have crappy DNA because of a crappy design from your creator....

Point is saying god is working because your ride showed up early does not prove god is doing anything. It just means your driver was early.

Heather Knits said...

Ron would agree with this statement: I always give God credit for the good things, but never for the bad. The bad things happen, as I see it, due to free will, man's fallen nature, etc. The good things happen because God decided to give me/us a hand. It's a pretty happy outlook but it drives people (like you, and Ron) nuts.

Anonymous said...

Shwarma is from Israel? I thought it was lebanese. Now I'm really confused.
I ate at a restaurant called shwarma king