Friday, May 4, 2018

Some good news and the same old

Well, some good news today. 

I didn't set an alarm this morning and got up around 8.  No headache.  I got on the computer for a while and drank some diet iced tea.  I think that's what triggered the headache. 

Well, crap, now I can't take my antidepressant.  And I was feeling very sad about Ron "leaving" me the way he has.  It wasn't depression, just sorrow that I am losing him.  He says his back hurts all the time, that's why he "has" to drink, yet he won't go to the pain clinic.  That just doesn't make sense to me.  I can tell he is in real, physical, pain.  I read his x-ray report, severe degenerative disc disease, severe arthritis.  I saw him in the hospital after the accident - he got hit by a truck.  How could his back be OK?  I think, for whatever reason, God gave Ron a good run with his back, even after the accident, but time, wear, and tear have caused a lot of problems. 

He doesn't want surgery, and having seen him after the last one I am totally on board with that.  It was, as he said, worse than being run over. 

I'm just so glad my body works.  I have the shakes, brain fog, the stupids, fatigue, but I can throw a case of Bibles on my handcart and take it to the bus stop.  I can help unload the truck.  I can get all the drinks for Ron.  My body works. 

Living with Ron makes me appreciate that.  I'm just so happy he can still take care of the toilet business on his own. 

So, not very good news.  Where is it?  Coming. 

I did my shower and God Time.  I mused on what I needed at the store.  Ron asked for some Vienna sausage.  He loves them and they are high in protein, which he needs.  I wanted something for my hair.  Yesterday, at work, I looked at myself in the mirror (after I had traveled 2 hours and walked about a mile to get there), and my hair was a nest of frizz.  I would like to get that under control, without a lot of chemicals and bad smelling product. 

And I can always use more candy, and why not some bags while I'm at it?  I thought about all this and wrote some of it down.  I forgot to write down the mayo. 

I bagged up some candy for the drivers/service staff, but I forgot to do up some Spanish.  A lot of Spanish service providers in Houston. 

I called a cab, and of course the first driver was Spanish.  He talked on the phone, in Spanish, almost all the way to the store.  I speak a little Spanish and I understood numbers and the word "paid".  I wished I had a Spanish booklet in his bag of candy. 

In the future, well, I'll tell you about it later. 

So I walked into the store and did my deposit.  Then I went to the clothing section.  I have been wearing a 24, but, as I said, they fell off.  Clearly too large.  I found a couple of 22's.  I took them to the fitting room. 

AND THEY ALL FIT.  That's my good news - I'm down a whole pants size.  I was so happy I put all 3 in my cart, even though the $60 pretty much blew my budget for next week. 

Then I went over to health and beauty.  I got some keratin shampoo and realized I already have the serum, I just moved it.  I never used it because I didn't want to get goop all over my hands, but if it keeps me from looking like a tumbleweed, I'll do it. 

I also bought some new soap.  A woman kept playing with an exfoliating mitt, rubbing it all over her arms (a rather disturbing sight), and calling her friend over to play with one, too.  They spoke Spanish so I don't know what they said.  They finally moved, allowing me to access "my" soap (one of those 8 bars for $4 deals).  Then I moved on to candy. 

I always need more candy.  I looked at everything.  I was wanting those little pouches of Skittles so I could nibble on one when I'm craving something sweet, but they didn't have them.  I got an assorted Nestle hard candy, it was only $7 and had a lot of candy in it.  I like to keep the candy in transition, never the same thing twice. 

Then I went to look at canned foods.  Had to get Ron his weenies (after all, he did pay for the cab both ways).  I found the Spanish foods section and discovered some Spanish candy.  I got some pulparindo - which, from my past experience, is very popular with Spanish recipients, and some chili lollipops they will probably love, too.  Each came in a 20 count so I won't have leftovers.  I can bag up some regular candy, and the Spanish candy, with the Spanish booklet and have a great little package.  I like it.  I can keep them in my backpack, and then, if I get a "spanish" I can give them the "right" candy/booklet. 

I got some drink mix and electrolyte drinks, I like to give the drinks to service providers.  The plumber, the other day, really liked his drink. 

Ron wanted some soda, so I got that (diet).  I got myself some sparkling water.  I like it a lot and it won't make me fat.  It may be a factor in my fat loss. 

I also got some pickles, and some cheese.  The thinking is this: I crave salt,constantly, because my body is always losing it due to the lithium.  I cannot restrict my sodium intake or it could literally kill me. 

I used to eat a lot of chips, tasty, but fattening.  Pickles are loaded with salt, and tasty.  So I got a jar of slices, and a jar of spears.  Cheese tends to be salty - at least it pleases my "salt" tooth, and is loaded with protein and very filling.  So I got cheese and pickles.  I'm happy. 

I don't want to go back to my 24's. 

I got the rest of the stuff on the list, and checked out.  The cashier was really sweet and loved her candy.  I was so glad I had done it up for her. 

I went to McDonalds and got lunch, and took my pills, including the antidepressant.  Some young adults had been busy spraying fragrance sprays all over the place in the aisle, and my headache came back.  I was worried about taking my antidepressant but I had taken my fake Excedrin (and I could stand to get more of that).  I enjoyed my lunch. 

I called for a cab and one came fairly quickly.  I was happy to see him and he was nice about helping me load it all in the minivan.  Then, when we got home, he took it all out and put it on the porch.  I paid him with a smile (good tip, too) and took everything in the house. 

Once I got everything put away I took a nap.  I didn't sleep very well, too wound up from the headache pills and my antidepressant (you're not supposed to take it anytime near when you are going to sleep).  But Torbie! came up and slept by my head, which as we all know is my VERY favorite.  She's still in my bed.  I'm going to bed in a couple of hours, if she's still in there I will have a really good night. 

Ron, literally down to his last 1/4 inch of vodka, called a cab driver to bring him some.  He did.  And people always point the finger at me.  I don't help with alcohol and Ron knows that.  I will throw away his empties if he puts them in a bag for me, but otherwise he is on his own. 

He's asleep now in the bedroom.  I hope he called in our trips for tomorrow.  Yes, he did. 

I washed all my new clothes.  I am saving the tags and receipt.  I don't think I will have any problems but you never know.  I remember one time I got a pair of jeans, put them in the wash, took them out and the back pocket was totally shredded.  Happily I had saved the receipt.  $20 is $20. 

I'm going to go eat a snack and watch some TV before I go to bed.  Tomorrow Ron "has" to go to work with me, it will be interesting to see how it works out. 

Well, crap.  I just remembered the other day.  Ron was donning a t-shirt and wanted me to pull it down in the back.  I did and he screamed in pain (lots of fun at our house!).  After he calmed down, he said anything rubbing on his back was excruciating.  I told him, we need to buy you bigger shirts.  And I forgot.  Oh, well.  I'll get them next time. 

No comments: