Thursday, August 17, 2017

I haven't found it yet

As expected, I slept horribly, that is, when I could lie down again.  Horrible cramps.  Never using that stuff again, ever. 

I even used my heating pad and that helped a lot.  I felt kind of funny using the heating pad with the air conditioner going, though. 

I finally got to sleep around 10:30 PM and I had to get up at 4.  I did, got ready, and off to work. 

Ron was in a difficult mood, his very impatient "Why won't God take us already, I want to go back to heaven?" mode.  It is very difficult to handle.  He basically goes around saying he wants to die already, life on Earth is "a toilet", etc.  He wasn't very nice to me, either. 

We got to work.  We had been gone for 2 days.  It looked as if we'd been gone for an hour, very low sales.  [Sigh]  When we took the money out, we had more than I expected.  Honestly, it looked very bad.  I stocked what I could, which wasn't much. 

I did what I could, helped Ron, did inventories for Saturday, and basically moped over bad sales. 

I asked a guy eating a brown-bag lunch why someone had moved the big, commercial, refrigerator.  He went off on a rambling tangent that involved moving my vending machines outside to make room for it over on the "vending machine" wall.  I said that wouldn't work, because all the chocolate would melt. 

"You need to put healthy items in the vending machines" said the man who has never put a dime into my vending machines, and was eating a honeybun. 

I scoffed "I tried that, and it all rotted.  Salads, sugarfree chocolate, fruit, low-fat chips.  People don't want that stuff, they want sugar, salt, and fat." 

Then I left.  I wasn't going to take advice from someone who wasn't even a paying customer.  Now, if a regular customer said they wanted, say "Devil chips" and I could get them for a good price, I would do it.  I like to see myself as responsive.  But when some backseat vendor, who doesn't even shop with us, wants to tell me how to run my business, I don't listen. 

I had another customer who came by and insisted that my vending machine had given her a package of gum instead of the other thing she wanted.  I told her I don't sell gum, and referred her to the other vendor.  I can't pay their refunds, and I won't.  They don't pay our refunds, either. 

We were done. We went to the bank and made our deposit.  We left and came home.  I took a nap, I woke up but I went back to sleep.  Ron had the house pretty cold so I wrapped up in my bedding.  Next time I will get up and adjust the thermostat.  After all, we're paying to be cold. 

I got up and got ready.  Ron had made a trip to Denny's.  I figured I could use it, after two days of nausea and then a night of cramps.  Our ride was, as expected, late, but paratransit fixed the pickup time. 

We had to deal with rush hour traffic, something we don't usually do.  It is nice to work strange hours and avoid all the hassles of Houston rush hour. 

We finally got the restaurant.  I ordered eggs and sausage off the menu, they have a "Build your own Slam" pick 4 items for I think it was $7.  I got double eggs and double sausage. 

I ate it and took my pills.  I got a little queasy afterward.  I am getting really sick of that.  Good thing I bought two bottles of Pepto the other day at Walmart.  Ron and I had a nice meal. 

He got a sampler plate and enjoyed everything.  He didn't mess up his clothes, either.  He can make a big mess sometimes when he's eating.  Not that I complain, I am glad to see him enjoying his food, I'm just glad I don't have to do the laundry. 

Our pickup was a little late but he was a very nice guy.  I liked him a lot; he had a cat.  We talked cats for a while.  The rush hour traffic had abated, so we had a smooth ride home. 

We got home.  I fed the cats, Ron put his food away (he had ordered a meal to go).  It was a pretty typical evening until Ron asked me if I had seen the garage door remote. 

[bad word]  No, I hadn't seen it.  I got dressed again (but I didn't put my bra back on) and went outside to look in the garage, outside the garage door, and in the driveway.  Nothing.  If anything had been there, it was gone now. 

I came back in the house and looked around on the kitchen floor.  Nothing.  Ron asked me to look in front of the microwave, on the counter, and I found it. 

It's a good thing I have my own remote.  I gave Ron his remote back.  I do have to say, in, over a year of having the automatic garage door, Ron has only lost the remote a few times.  Every time it has been pretty easy to find it again. 

Ron went back to bed and I watched the cats eat their dinner.  You would be proud of me.  Biscuit loves his dry food with a gluttonous passion.  He will literally gorge himself on the dry food and vomit it back into the bowl.  He has done that many times. 

Anyway, today I was "finishing" a bag of Blue Wilderness grain free Salmon (their typical flavor).  It had about 1/4 cup left in the bag.  Now, in a normal day, I feed them 1/3 cup dry food along with their can of Fancy Feast (also Salmon) for dinner. 

However, I decided to be generous today.  I dumped all the leftover food into the bowl, then opened the new bag and added 1/3 cup to what I already had in the bowl.  The cats loved it.  Everyone went back for seconds.  Biscuit did not, happily, throw up. 

Let me rephrase that: if Biscuit threw up, I haven't found it yet.  I don't mind doing this because it's only once a bag, and the bag lasts a long time with me only feeding 1/3 cup a day. 

It's almost 8.  Ron forgot to make any trips tomorrow so we are staying home.  I'm not sure what I will do, clean up, or take it easy, but I will do my best to have fun. 

My weight was up this morning but that was after a really terrible night's sleep so I'm not too worried. 

1 comment:

Spank said...

I love reading your blog I know I say this a lot but I mean it....Ron is miserable I know I have asked before but I sure would put headphones on when he started the death shit...that is way too exhausting ...my husband ranted and it took the life out of me ...so I started using headphones ...it helps when they are just saying the worst crap you can imagine...My husband and friends thought i was mean but I always stuck to what the vet told me to feed (I measured but at the end of the bag gave a little extra with my dogs we stuck to dry ) No lie it was very hard ...they look at you with big sad eyes while you eat and hang their heads when you send them away ..looking back like "are you sure you fed me so little" ...the trade off for being a tough mom was ...my dogs were always healthy...they always stayed fit , smelled so good had nice clean teeth shined coats and were lean not skinny ...I did give them Vet approved ideas for snacks . But most of the treats were sliced sweet potatoes.

Oh I wonder if you are not getting constipated from the Pepto? Can you take something else to smooth your tummy that does not stop diarrhea as well? Just a thought. I have had hemorrhoids NOT FUN! The best thing that worked for me was to soak a cotton ball in witch hazel and tuck it up there ...or hot bath with epson salt ...it is like a varicose vein in your butt and you inherit them . I have not had one in ages and that is just fine thanks! LOL feel better soon .

I highly recommend fiber like chia seeds (I hate flax) added to your diet somehow and lots of water! Hugs