Thursday, August 24, 2017

Category 3?

Well, I got my phone fixed. 

I got up at 4 AM after a really bad night's sleep.  I just had a terrible time falling asleep, and staying asleep.  I was worried about everything. 

I staggered out of bed, ate some fruit, drank a Diet Mountain Dew, and took my medication.  Then I took a shower. 

We went to Sam's Club, during business hours.  First we had to drop off a guy at work (no problem with that), then we had to pick up a "limited" non verbal guy so he could go to his workshop.  But then, the trip planning computer probably saw us as "Going to shop for groceries" when, in fact, we are getting much needed supplies for our business. 

When we got to the store I saw a lot of people rolling out with cases of water.  I was surprised they had water at all. 

I got a flatbed (they didn't have many left) and raced off to see what they had.  I scored 5 cases of water, our brand, our size.  Yes.  The customers will love us. 

Then I went to look for soda.  They only had bottled Coke.  All the other bottled soda had sold out.  I buried the water under other merchandise, so no one could snatch if off my cart. 

I got what I could, got what I felt I needed (Ron didn't agree with my idea to go to work first and do an inventory), and paid up.  Ron had a tantrum when I told him he couldn't get his hot dog. 

Chuck came and I found someone to help us load the truck.  Thank God.  I was so grateful for the help.  Once or twice, I had to load the pickup by myself and it was awful. 

We went to work.  I had a lot of stuff on the carts already; I had to take it off before I could take the now-empty carts out to unload the truck. 

Ron got in the truck bed and pushed things at me, that made it easier to unload.  I got everything put up and taken into the building. 

Then we stocked.  For hours.  I got everything but the pastry, I made sure the machines were as stuffed as possible before I left for the day.  I had to help Ron with sodas at the end. 

Our driver was on time and we had a straight trip home.  I took a short (about an hour) nap.  Then I got up. 

I did some planning and organizing.  I got the Free Bibles stuff to high ground, but I still need to move my signs.  Let me do it now, I keep forgetting. 

Done, I also started the washer for a load of bedding and some clothes. 

I did things like put my tampons in a big tote bag, and hang it on a hook, instead of leaving them in the low cupboard.  If we get water in the house, they would be ruined.  And my period is due in some days.  I need my supplies.  Now I have them, and they're out of the way. 

I have encouraged Ron to move his computer to high ground but so far he has proven recalcitrant.  It's like he thinks, if he moves it, it means the house will flood.  No, it's just preparing for the worst, if the house does flood you won't lose all your records.  I gave up on nagging him, he'll do it or he won't. 

Our ride came to go out to dinner.  Denny's again.  They have a good ala carte menu and I can add a fruit salad to it for cheap.  It was good.  Ron got a appetizer plate. 

Chuck met us.  As I mentioned, my phone has been acting up.  It kept yelling at me about the SIM card and then it went to "Emergency calls only".  So I took it to the store. 

On the way, we passed long lines of vehicles at gas stations, and packed grocery store parking lots.  I'm glad I already got my stuff.  We got to the store. 

I went in, and handed my phone over to a lady who disassembled it quickly.  She pushed the SIM card in with a bright yellow fingertip (she had long, sunny yellow nails), and it was fixed.  Yay.  I have communication.  I have a blog. 

Now, I love the Blogger app.  If you have a Blogger page you should really get it.  I have an Android phone and that app works great.  The only thing it won't let me do is review comments, so I will just be talking to the wind until I get power/computer back. 

Since it (the storm) is getting pretty nasty, I may lose power for a bit, but I will have my cell phone and I can at least let you know my status. 

After I finish this load of wash I plan to go to bed.  I plan to dry it tomorrow morning. 

The weather is forecast to hit Friday afternoon/evening so we'll see.  It looks to be really bad in Corpus Christi. 

At any rate, I will take all the prayer/good wishes you want to send my way.  Thank you. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are on top of this!
Hope it degrades and doesnt get bad for folks .
Sending love