Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I am never eating broiled seafood....

Oh, I am so queasy.  

First of all, I slept pretty well last night, and slept in as late as I could: 7:30 AM.  I guess I really am an early bird. 

I got up, took my shower, weighed, down almost 10 pounds total; and did my God Time.  It had been a while. 

I got dressed because we were going out.  Ron wanted to go to the fish restaurant.  I knew they had broiled options so I figured I would make that work.  So far, just about everything paleo has gotten along with my medication, except for the infamous sausage patty incident. 

We had a good ride to the restaurant.  We sat down, far away from the speaker.  Ron doesn't like their music.  Ron ordered fried catfish and shrimp, I ordered the broiled platter.  It has scallops, shrimp, and two fish fillets. 

Our food came and we started eating.  My food was good.  They even gave me a little cup of melted garlic butter, and I was dunking my food in it.  I didn't eat the seasoned rice, I just picked the baby shrimp out of it and ate them.  When I finished, I felt very pleased with myself and I even took a photo.  Then I took my medication. 

I was alright at first.  We had to wait about a half hour on our ride, then we had to wait on our ride to take us home.  I got home, feeling mildly nauseous.  That's not unusual after taking lithium + friends so I didn't think much of it.  However, it got worse.  And worse. 

I finally took some pepto and lay down.  Torbie joined me.  I managed a little nap but not much.  It was nice to have Torbie (she slept with me last night, too). 

I got up.  I was really sick.  I am never eating broiled seafood with my medication again.  Ever.  UGH. 

At one point today Ron was telling me to pet Torbie, he wanted me to get her out of his bed so he could be with Baby Girl.  Ron is very conflicted about the two cats.  Torbie loves him unconditionally, but Ron wants Baby Girl.  So oftentimes he ends up pushing Torbie away to make room for Baby Girl, who never even shows up. 

He kept telling me to stop neglecting her, etc.  Then he said I was just like my mother, neglecting my baby.  Why?  Because you were too conflicted to push Torbie on the floor, when you wanted to?  I called him out on that.  I said it was a cheap, ugly, shot.  I asked him if he would like me to start comparing him to his parents (he wouldn't).  He shut up right quick and even apologized. 

I even called him manipulative and boy that hit a nerve.  He spent the next 10 minutes vehemently denying it.  Only the truth hurts. 

So, in a minute, I will go get some Tums from Ron and try those for my nausea.  It's almost 5, I ate lunch at 12, it should be digested by now. 

Worst case I can always eat a banana. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you explain to me why people have to play favorites with pets and children and people in general. Poor torbie being pushed to the floor because ron wanted the other cat to be with him. Sick and sad at the same time. And where is biscuit in the mix just trying to be someones favorite and having to console himself with treats because neither one of you are ever HAPPY that he wants to snuggle. What is it about torbie that makes her so special to you and baby girl to Ron? I really would like to understand the logic behind it.

Heather Knits said...

Biscuit only gets on my bed, when he wants he is always welcome. He will lay with Ron sometimes, more near his feet (poor thing). He isn't a big snuggler, only when he wants to be fed. He's a good boy and well loved, though. Ron gives him too many treats, though.

Ron has given up on Baby Girl and has decided Torbie is his "girlfriend" now. He likes how she always wants to spend time with him.

Torbie slept with me during my nap, though, and generally sleeps next to my head at night. Only the old ones do this, in my experience. The young cats want to sleep off in their own place, but the old cats want to sleep with the human.

Torbie sleeps with me, she picked me out at the shelter (it was very obvious she was choosing me), and she is a sweet cat overall. Anyone would love her, especially since her coloring is so pretty too.

I still love my Biscuit and Baby Girl, although BG only slept with me one time, the night that Bubba died. Biscuit picked me out, too, at the bus stop the day I adopted him and Gravy.

Anonymous said...

Truth does hurt. I laid some truth on my dad last week and haven't heard from him since. I needed a break from his poisonous spirit.