Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Skip the nightmares

A pretty rough night.  I slept OK, but had a nightmare about Ron, then a nightmare about work. 

After I woke up, I decided to check my blood sugar.  I have been very thirsty lately and peeing a lot.  It was 107, OK. 

I was glad I bought that fresh fruit salad at Walmart.  I ate about half of it and took my antidepressant.  It worked fine. 

I took a shower and did my God time while Ron proceeded to get very drunk.  He staggered off to bed.   I got back on my computer for a little bit, then took a nap. 

I got up at 3.  We were going out to dinner.  Chuck was taking us.  I got Ron up, he got ready while I got dressed. 

Chuck came on time and off we went.  I didn't have any trouble putting the wheelchair in the truck bed.  I wouldn't have wanted to try that a month ago.  We got to the restaurant and I unloaded Ron, then pushed him up the wheelchair ramp.  I didn't want to bump him up over the curb, I can do it, I just don't like to, especially in my flip flops.  It is easier to push the wheelchair in my steel toed shoes but I didn't want to wear them. 

We had a pretty good dinner, except for the middle aged white guy "running" the waitress, making her do extra work for no reason, complaining about trivialities, etc.  It got so bad the manager came out with another baked potato, but he didn't want that one.  He just wanted to complain about the first baked potato.  Ugh.  Let's just say the guy should have been avoiding carbs, anyway. 

It didn't affect our dinner much.  I got an 11 ounce sirloin, a salad, and a baked sweet potato with butter only.  It was very good, all of it. 

We came home, some pettiness on the road with the other drivers.  We got home OK.  I unloaded the wheelchair (this is the kind of thing I never thought about when I thought about caregiving), loaded Ron, and into the house. 

Biscuit was crying for his dinner.  I fed them and watched them all take a turn at the food bowl. 

I collected some trash and put it outside in the can, then took the can to the curb.  I am done for the day. 

I just hope I can skip the nightmares tonight. 

No comments: