Thursday, August 31, 2017

"Cut it off"

An interesting day. 

I woke up at 7:30.  I had set an alarm but forgot to turn it on.  Ron "let" me sleep last night. 

The ants were still pretty bad in the bathroom but I've seen large numbers of dead in the bathtub, the last couple days. 

I got up, did my God Time, shower, etc.  Got dressed for work.  My work pants (size 24) are getting positively baggy.  I could pass for a homeboy.  I have to keep pulling them up.  I will keep wearing them until things get really embarrassing and then size down.  I hate sizing down and the new size is really too tight, leaves red marks all over my waist, etc. 

Ron had managed to wrangle a ride from paratransit, to work.  We took that and got to work pretty quick.  We didn't see any floodwater or even any evidence of anything other than a good rain, on the way. 

We got to work.  I immediately noticed some changes in the stockroom.  Someone got in there.  They moved our dumpsters outside (we have 2 dumpsters for plastic and cardboard recycling), moved some of the other vendor's product, got up on a ladder (which they left propped by the door, good thing Ron didn't bring it down on his head), and moved some ceiling tiles.  Now, I noticed, in the main area, they had also moved some ceiling tiles, and we had leaks.  So, possibly we had a leak in the stockroom. 

I didn't notice anything out of place on my end, aside from the other vendor's supplies being put into my area. 

Ron went out to the soda fridge, and came back shouting.  Someone had put a padlock and chain on our doors (it is a 2 door unit), making it impossible for anyone to open the door without their key.  Ron was pretty outraged, and I was shocked. 

Who would do such a thing? 

I went to maintenance and talked to someone, he took me to his boss.  "Cut it off", said the boss.  "The chain, not the lock.  We will keep the lock". 

On the way over there someone said "they" had put the chain on our fridge because it was leaking.  How is a chain, on the door handle, going to stop a leak?  So a supervisor came with me. 

I showed him it was dry underneath our fridge and he got to work on the chain.  He separated the links and managed to undo the whole assembly.  Ron and I were very appreciative.  I am keeping what is left of the chain, and padlock, for evidence. 

I think someone tried to weasel their way into our fridge, steal some "free" merchandise, found they couldn't, and did this to "punish" us.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  Or someone was just an asshole.  It happens. 

It was a pretty flimsy chain, truth be told. 

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful day for stocking.  Ron wasn't very nice to me.  He called me names and talked down to me, made me rethink my whole "Stick around and help out with work" concept, after I leave. 

I did my end of things, and finished before him.  Then he yelled at me because I was done.  He's the one who scheduled a long day.  How many times do I wait on even going to the toilet because we are so busy? 

Speaking of.  I finally went to the bathroom.  I had some serious leakage.  My period came last week and has been extraordinarily light the last several days.  I figure it is a menopause thing.  Then this, today.  Thank God I was wearing a tampon, and I had more.  It didn't soak through anything but my underwear so I wasn't walking around shamed, but it goes to show menopause can be fickle. 

I was so excited.  I thought, if I get periods like this I won't even mind having them.  Then today. 

Thank God I brought the extra tampons. 

I helped Ron where I could, but there honestly just wasn't that much to do.  We finished up and left. 

Our ride was late, but not overly so.  We boarded.  It was one of the new vans.  It has easier-to-climb stairs and tons of handrails everywhere in sight.  Smart. 

The lady riding perked right up when she saw us.  She was extremely manic, and wouldn't shut up.  Ron was going nuts.  I wouldn't have minded talking to her.  She was an old, sick, lady who even said "It's been a while since I took my medication".  I could tell. 

We got home.  Ron was bored and called the Denny's he likes.  They were open.  So he made arrangements for the cab driver to buy him a bottle of vodka, and take him to Denny's. 

The driver took us to Denny's, dropped us off, went and bought Ron a bottle of cheap vodka (with Ron's money), then came back and met us with the bottle.  Ron clung to it like a lost lover, holding it in his lap all the way home.  He gave the cab driver some money to buy him a case, in the future, because Chuck's truck isn't working right and Chuck won't be able to help for a while. 

The driver agreed [sigh].  I didn't get involved because this is Ron's addiction, he has to either master it, or continue to let it master him.  So, in the next couple days, the driver will be bringing Ron a case of vodka. 

Ron made a big point of thanking me, for what I don't know, when we got home.  I just asked him to "let" me sleep tonight because I am tired.   He agreed. 

We'll see. 

No comments: